Phoebe: Cuter Than Baby Sea Lions

Phoebe's P.O.V.

__________________________________

Idk if you know this but you're so cute that baby sea lions send pictures of you to each other

I bit my lip to keep from laughing too loudly at another of Gerald's horrendously cheesy but nonetheless adorable texts. Study hall isn't completely silent but any loud noise would be sure to gain the attention of everyone. Since school started, Gerald and my mutual attraction for each other has been building up further and further. I think it's only a matter of time before we become a couple, but for now we are enjoying the games.

Have I ever told you how happy you make me? I reply.

"Hey Pheebs, what did you get for number 43?" Helga asked. I jerk my head up and look up at her with wide eyes. She puts her pencil down and narrows her eyes at me, "What?"

"Nothing." I mutter to Helga. She may be the biggest romantic I've ever met but that girl is so impatient. I've caught her more than once skipping to the part where the two characters finally share a kiss in romance novels because "the suspense was killing her".

"Oh yes there is something! Cough it up squirt." I glance quickly at my phone beside me and try to make a grab for but Helga's faster so she grabs it first. She waste no time unlocking my phone (I knew I should have put a password on it) and skims through the messages. Slowly, she looks up and gaps at me and just when I think she about to scream I cover her mouth.

"Shhh!" I whisper, "People will wonder." I glance around and already see a few individuals give us weird looks.

"Crimeny Phoebe, why would you want to keep this a secret from me." She gives me a mockingly angry look.

"Well you seem to forget, dear Helga how much I know you. If I told you about this you'd be squishing mine and Gerald's faces together screaming 'Kiss, Kiss!'"

She rolls her eyes, "Puh-lease you guys are already clearly headed that way no thanks to me. I mean everyone already sees you two as a couple. Do you guys want to know my name for you?" I nod enthusiastically, "Geralbee." she says quite proudly. I cover my face a laugh.

"Helga you are the absolute worst at picking OTP names!"

She scoffs, offended, "Oh you're no better." she retorts. I stick my tongue out at her and she mimics me and adds a goofy looking face. I laugh some more. This is my absolute favorite thing to do, being silly with my best friend and talking about boys together. "Oh I wish I had someone to be cute with." Helga sighs.

"Don't you though?" I ask thinking back to all of the interactions between her and Arnold. Talk about cuter than baby sea lions!

Helga tucks her hair behind her ears and picks up her pencil to resume her work. "Um no." she states like it the most obvious thing ever.

"What about Arnold?" I sing. Upon hearing his name, the tip of Helga's pencil snaps off and flys off the table.

"Wh-wh-what are you talking- what? Arnold and I are just friends. Just friends."

"If that's how you treat your friend I would love to see how you treat your enemies." I snort.

Helga huffs out a breath and purses her lips. "What are you implying Heyerdahl?"

"Oh I think you know what I'm implying Pataki."

"Well for your information I think what you are implying is completely ridiculous! Especially seeing how Arnold and I are JUST FRIENDS!" she reiterates.

"Your ears are pink." I tell her as I examine my nails, not even bother to look up at her. I grin when I see her shake her hair to cover her ears from the corner of my eye, letting me know that I'm right." The bell rings and we all start packing our stuff away.

"Whatever, believe what you want to believe Phoebe," she says and she violently stuffs her math notebook in her bag, "but just so you know I'm going on a study date with Paul Vargis tomorrow." She shoves the chair in roughly and stalks off with her nose in the air.

I roll my eyes at her dramatics, "Thanks for waiting!" I call after her while I'm ambling through the hall.

"Hey there." a familiar deep voice says to my right. I had been so focused on Helga's retreating figure that I had completely overlooked Gerald waiting for me by the door.

"Hey yourself. Thank you for the sweet text. You made my day." I tell him.

He shrugs sheepishly and says, "You know me, sweet to the core," he sighs, "I constantly have to pour water on myself so ants don't eat me. It's a hard life." I laugh and push my hair out of my face, glancing down the hallway when something catches my eye.

"Oh my gosh, look at them!" Gerald leans his head down to my eye level so that he could see what I see. Arnold and Helga are on the floor together picking up some loose papers that Helga seemed to have dropped in her haste to run away from me.

"Oh yeah," Gerald says when he spots them and straightens out to his full height, "They so have the hots for each other."

"I know right! Wait I know that because I'm Helga's best friend, how do you know that? Did Arnold say something." I ask while jumping up and down and poking Gerald's stomach.

He laughs because he is extremely ticklish and grabs my hands, entwining our fingers, my heart thumps harder. "No Arnold didn't say anything but he looks at her the same way I looked at you. In the fourth grade."

I bite my lip to keep from giggling. He just told me he's liked me since the fourth grade! "They are so elementary school." I murmur as we watch Arnold and Helga walk to class together.

"Yeah," he sighs. We are both silent until he adds quietly, "We should help them."

My eyes widen and I think, why didn't I think of that! I grin and untangle my fingers from his only to hold his face between my hands. I reach on my tippy toes and give him a quick kiss just as the bell rings. Only I kiss him on his chin because that's as high as I can reach. "You're a genius!" I tell him while he gaps at me. Suddenly his face splits into a smile and he bends his knees to scoop me up from around the waist. He spins me around in the hallway while peppering my face with kisses while I squeal in delight. I never been so happy to be late for class.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Omg! I have been waiting to write in either Phoebe's P.O.V. or Gerald's since I started writing this! I was so excited I finished this in one sitting which is why its so short. Just about everyone wants Arnold and Helga to be together right? Thank you so much for the nice comments and for voting I really hope you guys like this chapter.