ArnoLd: Bromance

Arnold's P.O.V

The bell rang and Mr. Smith dismissed us. We all crowded the door, slowly funneling out and I had the hardest time locating Helga. But between the vaugely zombie-like teens making thier way out the door and Lila determined to keep my attention, it was a pretty difficult feat.

"You are looking ever so good if I do say myself Arnold." Lila complimented me.

"Thanks Lila," I scratched the back of my neck, "You look great." she looked down and blushed, smiling coyly.

I wasn't lying, Lila is so hot. Gone was the girl-next-door demeanor and now she's this incredibly gorgeous girl. Once we finally made it out into the hallway I spotted Helga in the middle of the hall blocking traffic. It made me smile widely to know that she had waited for me.

"So what do you have next?" Helga asked as a greeting. I took out the folded piece of paper and read it over again.

"Intro to Photography with Kraven." Lila leaned one arm on my shoulder and gently carressed my arm with her other hand while she tilted her head up at me.

"Ooooh, how interesting." she said. I saw Helga roll her eyes from the corner of my eye.

"Well," Helga started, "I have French next so we better-"

"Oh no Helga don't worry about it," Lila interupted, "I have study hall next so showing Arnold to his next class would be no skin off my teeth." she giigled and flashed a charming smile but did Helga react? Nope. Just silence.

"Well Arnold can decide who he wants to go with." Helga replied.

Uh oh this is never good. "W-well," I gulped, "I would hate to make you late again Helga..." I drifted off and unconsciously rubbed the back of my neck.

"Fine." Helga said, surprisingly calm. She pivoted on her heels and started towards her class.

"Oh and Helga," I jogged over to her while she slowed her steps. Once i reached her I said, "Thanks for waiting for me.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes at me but not meanly. "Of course hair boy." she stated obviously and began to walk away again but not before I coaught the small smile on her lips.

"See you in 3rd!" I called.

"Okay!" she responded without turning around. I looked back at Lila to see her legs crossed, her fingers laced together in front of her creating a steeple, and a sweet smile on her face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I gotta say having Lila's attention on me for the majority of the day was golden. She had this way of making you feel special, like you were the only guy that she's interested in. Unfortunatley I was not exclusive to that feeling. I knew this when Lila pretty much forgot I was alive today at lunch.

She was talking to this guy who was in her math class I think and while they were talking i saw this look of pure adoration in his eyes and i thought to myself "poor guy". But then they stopped talking and Lila's was laughing and touching my arm and I was almost positive I had a goofy smile on my face and then she pointed me to her boyfriend. The smile was dead and I realized that I am the poor guy. After that i tried to keep my distance from Lila. i knew she'd get me in trouble.

After my last class I started towards home but stopped when I heard Gerald call out for me. He was heading my way with Phoebe and Helga in tow. "Hey we were gonna head down to Slausen's, you in Arnold?"

I thought about it for about a fraction of a second before i responded, "Yeah."

"If you boys will excuse us," Helga said, "We are going to get a head start. Me and Phoebe are gonna have some girl talk."

I'm not sure who looked more confused, me or Phoebe who clearly did not want to participate in whatever conversation they were about to have. When I left Hillwood Helga was still pretty tomboyish so hearing her say those words put together in a sentence like that was a bit shocking, at least to me.

Helga and Phoebe ran ahead or more like Helga raja head and pulled Phoebe along like a rag doll. Gerald chuckles and shakes his head at them. I was reminded of my earlier inquiries about his and Phoebe's relationship.

"Hey are you and Phoebe together?" I questioned.

Gerald scratches his head and replied, "Uh, sorta. I mean we aren't like official or anything."

I laughed, "What are you too chicken to ask her to be your girl or something?"

"No man, it's nothing like that. It's-"

"Please do not tell me that 'it's complicated' because it really isn't my friend, AND even if it was complicated I would hope that you would have enough sense to uncomplicate it by pressing your lips against her lips and then there you go, it's no longer complicated."

Gerald laughs at me, "I was gonna say it's none of your business but thanks for the speech Shakespeare, super romantic."

He gives me a wink and bumps his arm against mine. I playfully shove him, "Man I am your best friend, of course it's my business! Even if I have to play Dr. Love for a bit."

"Awww ain't that just the sweetest thing." Gerald teased. "I gotta say man, I really feel like this is a real bromance moment for us."

"Yeah, sure Gerald."

"You know what this moment needs?" he asks.

"Nope, don't do it Ger-" Too late. Gerald swung his arms around my shoulder and started singing "You Got a Friend in Me". Before long I threw my arm around him and joined in as we walked to Slausen's, bromancing it up.