Chapter: 2 Pain

Many readers are 13 yr old teens so instead of using abusive language I’ve decided to use “insert a word of your choice” instead. If there are any grammatical errors point them out please!

********************************************************************************

Nik’s POV

Hello people! I am talking to you! Yes you, the ones reading this! Surprised that a character is talking to you? Well, I thought I should say some things about myself so you don’t think I am a murderer or a rapist. I know said I am crazy but that doesn’t mean I am a total lunatic!  I am Nichole Marvy Dazzler. I’m a normal girl with a boring life. I try making life interesting with pranks and stuff but all that enjoyment is only short term. My eyes are common black and I have drop dead straight hair and had some irritating hair on my forehead. My body? My body is straight with minimal curves *sigh*

        I would turn 16 in a few weeks. Dad left us when I was 6, ten years back and I have lived with my mom, granny and of course my younger brother Jagger who is a pain in the neck for me.  I heard my granny once say that she expected her first grandchild to be a boy, which is why I deliberately act crazy just to piss her off. Shhh! Zip your lips and don’t let her know that. Granny’s over protectiveness is also one of the few reasons I have been boyfriend less, at least up till now.

I was expelled from my previous school because I was about to punch a guy but the teacher who came to break our fight got punched instead. Don’t blame me! That guy sends me a note asking me to suck his ‘guess the word’! Gross! So I ended up getting expelled. Nevertheless I was on the top of the ones-who-got-detention list, so I guess the school was gladly sending me away.

Also my mum had got me to swear that I would be at my best behavior in my new school, which I tried but (as you know) my first day went disastrous. But it’s been three days and apart from my HCl accident I have been a good girl.

Wait, I need to tell you about my chemistry class yesterday! No, am not talking about the whole HCl accident, I felt the professor was hilarious.

Warning: I laugh at almost anything!

<Flash back>

I was late for my chemistry class. One look at the professor and I bit my tongue to gulp my laugh. He was a plump man with a spherical tummy. He had his hands behind his back and he stooped a little backwards which enlarged his belly, as if saying ‘I’m in shape and the shape is round!’ and portraying the police officer from Noddy.

“Ah our new student at last, class this is Nichole Dazzler. Nichole, you will be paired up with Miss Gibson. Please occupy the work station next to her,” he said pointing to the far end of the class near the hind door.

“I will repeat the instructions for Miss Dazzler to hear.

Rule 1: Do not come late for class. Demonstrated equation will not be repeated.

Rule 2: If you enter without your lab coat, that will be your passport you be thrown out of the class” I chuckled, but the professor ignored me.

“Rule 3: Concentrated solutions are places in the black tray, Do not let it drop on you or anyone. The will destroy the delicate layer of your skin and cause permanent scars. Trust me, no doctor in the world would be able to remove them” I chuckled the second time here.

Some more yada yada rules

“Rule 7: Chloroform is available from the main counter, Do not be silly enough to whiff it, else you will be unconscious for hours together.” This time some 5 people chuckled along with me.”

Some more blah blah rules. The last rule specifically caught my eye (Figure of speech)

“Rule 10: Have a good breakfast in the morning. If you inhale some fumes with an empty stomach you will fall unconscious. All I will do is place you on the chair under the fan and after you wake up you will be made to perform the next experiment.” The class roared with laughter and the professor glared at us.

<End of flashback>

<Still Nik’s POV>

Vally had got me acquainted with the other members of her school group Stella, Smile who are as the same age as me and Kathy who is 19 and goes to our school’s collage. I’ve been here for two days and I already know quite a few people around. There’s fight magnet Thompson, Queen Bee Stephanie with her 101 servants (hyperbole), nerdy Lard and of course the clown of the class Puckster.  As all of us assembled in lobby and I got into conversation with Vally. I don’t want her to get wrong ideas so, I tried to steer the discussion towards her family to find out about her brother. Weird! She says she stays with her parents and little sister, but no mention about her brother.

 But just then we heard someone cry. Turning behind, I saw Kathy wringing on the floor of the hall in pain clutching her belly. On her back I see stains of blood. For a couple of seconds I felt myself freeze. I was feeling a pull in my upper jaw, I had to do something desperately!

When I came back to my senses I was pacing around a room. A strong scent of spirit stung my nose. I was in a hospital where Kathy was admitted. I suppose Stella or Vally dragged me all the way till here. There were so many unanswered questions running in my head. Also I was really really worried. Worried about what was wrong with me and worried about Kathy. Everyone was so distracted by Kathy that no one saw me. But I was scared, terrified rather. I could see everyone around me miserable. Vally and Stella were silently shedding tears while Smile was crying loudly (yes I can see the irony). Though I’ve known Kathy for less than a week, I couldn’t help but worry. Her parents are out of town and I would gladly offer her to stay over at my place. I decided to go out and take a stroll just to relax my nerves. As I increased my pace (I do that when I am really stressed) and I bumped into someone. Looking up I saw him, Vally’s brother. “How’s she? Kathylin?”  Huh? Did he just call Kathy by her full name? Is he her boyfriend?

Smile’s POV

There’s been something wrong with Kathy from the past few weeks. She’s been acting umm… weird, but I can’t put a finger on what. It’s all started when Kathy started staying overnight at her boyfriend’s place. She’s looked grumpy and unlike her since then. I mean I’ve known Kathy for seven years and I can tell when she’s stressed because she keeps wrinkling her forehead. They must’ve fought because every time I asked Kathy, she has changed the topic. And now I see her fallen on the floor. We quickly rushed her to the hospital and waited for the doctor to check her. I sat there in the waiting room wondering if Kathy was pregnant. I was confused as hell.

****************************************************************************************

I know there were few conversations, I will work on that. And I did want to give some insight from Smile’s POV. Did you guys like it! I love feedback. Do vote and comment! <3<3