~Two~

(third person)

Mycroft sighed, picking up his buzzing phone. He didn't look at who it was, assuming it was Sherlock.

"Yes?"

"Helllooooo~" Lestrade purred, making Mycroft jump.

"Yes, Gregory?"

"Wouldya like to come over? I'm bored." Lestrade sounded only slightly flirtatious...it was confusing.

"Are you flirting with me?" Mycroft directly asked.

There was a long pause, and then Lestrade answered.

"I might be, why?"

"You just sounded...nevermind." Mycroft shook his head. "Yes, I'll come over for a bit."

"Alright!" Lestrade cheerfully said before hanging up. Mycroft rubbed his temple before getting up with a sigh.

---

Mycroft knocked on Lestrade's door, swinging his umbrella lazily by his side. Lestrade opened the door, and his face lit up into a playful smile.

"Hello!"

"Hi."

Lestrade pulled him inside, shutting the door behind them. "How've you been? It's been ages since we last talked."

"Mmm, indeed. I've been well." Mycroft hummed, nodding.

"That's good," Greg chuckled. "You asked earlier if I was flirting with you, which I was. Would you rather me not flirt with you?"

Mycroft hesitated. He wouldn't lie; he DI was attractive. But would saying that he didn't mind hint that he liked him in such a ridiculous manner?

"I don't really care." Mycroft shrugged, glancing away. He heard Lestrade chuckle again.

"Well, Mr. Holmes, feel free to take a seat while I make some tea."

Mycroft nodded in thanks, getting comfortable in an old recliner. He could still see Lestrade from his position, and gladly admired every small thing about him as he watched him prepare tea.

"I can feel you watching me." Lestrade laughed. "You like what you see?"

Mycroft blushed, looking away quickly. "No comment."

That only made the DI laugh harder, which made Mycroft inwardly smile. Lestrade had a laugh that would make you smile or perhaps laugh even when you didn't want to.

Mycroft loved that bloody laugh. It suited Lestrade so well.

Lestrade handed him the tea, sitting on the armrest of Mycroft's chair.

"Thanks," he mumbled, sipping the tea.

Lestrade nodded, taking a sip of his own tea.

They remained in silence.

Neither minded the silence, to be honest. It gave them time to think and secretly admire the other.