~One~

(Lestrade's POV)

'Come to Baker Street at once -SH'

I sighed, grabbing my coat. What did Sherlock want now? I called for a cab as I finished tugging on my coat.

I gave the address and stared outside, slightly concerned by Sherlock's text.

---

I stepped into the sitting room and saw Sherlock and another man giving each other death glares.

"Ahem!" I awkwardly coughed, announcing my presence. Both men turned to look at me, and I gave a polite nod to the man I didn't know. I crossed my arms. "So, why am I needed?"

"Have you had the...pleasure...of meeting Mycroft, my brother?" Sherlock asked me.

"I don't think so...?" I raised my eyebrows at that.

"Ah. Well, this is my brother, Mycroft." A light smirk covered Sherlock's face, which I ignored.

"'Ello," I smiled warmly to Mycroft, who nodded silently in return.

"Hello," he said after a few seconds, extending his hand. I shook it, and noticed that he had a strong grip.

"Well! I'll let you two...chat." Sherlock chirped, jumping out of his chair. I watched him leave with slight confusion.

"Er...right." I muttered, crossing my arms. "Soo..."

Mycroft raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to elaborate.

"So, er...what do you do?" I asked, not sure why I felt so bloody awkward.

"A...small government position," he answered, crossing his arms now.

"Ah. Interesting." I hummed, biting my lip in thought of something else to say.

"How's your day been so far, Gregory?"

I laughed slightly at the use of my full name. "Pretty well, and please, call me Greg."

"That's good to hear...Gregory." Mycroft chuckled lightly.

I shook my head, still chuckling. "Alright, alright. And how's your day been?"

"Fine, I suppose."

I nodded, uncrossing my arms to check my phone. "Would you like to get some coffee?"

"Sure...?" Mycroft raised an eyebrow at my offer, studying my face.

I grinned kindly at him, spinning on my heel to leave Sherlock's flat.

---

I ended up being called back to work, but gave Mycroft my number before rushing off.

'It was nice to meet you, Mycroft!! Would you want to get coffee again sometime?'

'It was enchanting to meet you, Gregory...and coffee sounds lovely. -MH'