Chapter 28: Bring Me To Life

Elena POV 

It had been a few months since I'd buried my little brother. Doesn't matter that he was 26 and I was only 18 because he was only that age because of magic or whatever. He was my little brother. Things with the originals had calmed down. They'd just moved to New Orleans after we got rid of this hunter, one of the five. Kol took great pleasure in watching the humans kill him. And now we were dealing with a humanity-less vampire who had decided to feed in the people of Mystic Falls. 

"Are you sure he went this way?" Asked Caroline as we stopped vampire speeding through the woods. I was on Damon's back getting a piggyback ride as we tracked the vampire. We were in teams, Damon, Caroline and me in one team, Stefan, Alaric, Bonnie and Tyler in another. 

"AHHH!!!" A scream alerted us to someone in pain. We all quickly turned our heads in the direction of the scream and then shared a dreadful look, another victim it looks like, let's just hope we can save them. 

"I have a feeling we're on the right track" said Damon in a light voice before the pair started to speed through the forest until we saw a large man, his back was facing us and I couldn't tell his age. But he carried himself in a way that said he'd been around th block a few times that he'd seen and done everything there was to do and he was, he was tired. He was covered in blood, a mangled corpse laying at his feet and a huge sword with a silver blade and an intricately designed golden handle. 

"Just stop you don't have to hurt anyone else" I said jumping from Damon's back. "What's your name?" 

"I don't teally think my name matters Elena" said the man as he turned around. Stubble lined his jaw and dark circles under his eyes spoke of sleepless nights and the full eyes spoke of loneliness and experience. "What matters  is getting me a shower" And the pained eyes were familiar and you could see them brightening as he spoke, lines crinkling the corners of his eyes as he smiled just like I remember him doing. 

"Jeremy?" 

———————————————-

Jeremy POV 

"Yeah it's me 'lena, I'm home" I Said and she rushed forward to hug me. I dropped my sword as she approached and scooped her into my arms as she jumped forward, not even thinking there was a possibility I wouldn't catch her. "God I've missed you so much, it's been so long" I Said holding her even tighter (if it was possible) as she cried into my shoulder. 

"How are you here?" She asked me as she drew back tears on her face and the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face, lighting up her face and her eyes. "I mean I'm so so so glad you are bit how? You drove your car off Wickery Bridge, and I thought you hated us?" 

"I was angry and grieving and wasn't thinking rationally when I drove the car over the bridge" I told her as we sat down on the forest floor. "As for how I'm here..." 

-FLASHBACK- 

The last thing I remember seeing was water as my car headed towards it and then I closed my eyes before everything went black. 

"When do you think he'll wake up?" Said a voice in a language I'd missed. I couldn't open my eyes, no matter how hard I tried because after hearing that small child's voice I wanted to wake up so bad. 

"Give him time, your father always had a certain flare about him" Said a light feminine voice and I felt someone grab my hand and I managed to open my eyes. 

"Damn right I did" I Said before I was crushed by lots of small humans ranging in age but non over 10 hopefully. As I was bombarded a chorus of 'daddy's!!' rang out and I smiled as I tried to hold all of the children in my arms. "Child you better of behaved for your mother whilst I was gone" I Said and I felt them nodd. "Titia" I Said in a mesmerised voice as I finally looked over my wife. Her red rimmed eyes and her red cheeks with tears flowing down didn't diminish her beauty in the slightest, how did I ever get this women to be mine. 

"Jeremy, you have a lot of explain to do" she said and I went to sit up, thankfully the children let me, and I pulled my wife into my embrace. "But for now just hold me" she whispered in my ear and I nodded lovingly stroking her hair. 

"I'm never going anywhere again" I Said to her. "Only death will tear us apart" 

-PRESENT- 

"So when you went over the bridge and died the spell was still active and you went back?" Questioned Elena and I nodded my head. "But How did you stay alive?" She asked me and I smiled remoursefuy at her. 

"I didn't" I Said without a care and she got wide eyed. "I died in battle at 35" I Said to her and her eyes grew sad but then confused. "But the next time it was 40 and then 47 and then when I was 5 and then 34 and then we'll upu get idea" 

"Wait are you telling me you just kept like being reborn or something?" Asked Caroline and I nodded. "So you've lived all over, multiple life times and it never stops? How long before your reborn again?" 

"I've lived lots of lives and it's usually just after I die that I'm born again" I told her and the others. "By the way I killed that vampire for you, since it's kind of what I do" I Said to the group. 

"What do you mean?" Asked Damon in a confused tone his brows furrowing. 

"I'm apart of a family of werewolf hunters, the type-B ones not like Tyler but sometimes I hint other things when I'm not with my crazy-ass father or sister, I don't really see my brother that much since he settled down" I Said and they nodded. 

"Well no matter who you are now, I'm glad you came back Jeremy"

"Me too" 

"You missed today's food?" 

"Greasy burgers weren't the same in my last life, definitely better this day and age"