Chapter 11: Dangerous

Jeremy POV 

In the dead of night we rode to the battle field. Rain pouring down on us as we struggled to see where we were going. Me and Camillus were riding side by side, brothers in arms and all that stuff. "We're here !!" Called Out Camillus as the tents came into view only visible in the light which escaped the slits in the tents material. The charge stopped and I saw Camillus motion with his hand to the trumpeter that would signal our arrival. 

The shell that created a noise so loud it rung throughout the valley to the tents below and we charged forward. Charging forward I felt the start of the adrenaline flooding my system as I drew the sword my the sheath on my hip. Dismounting my horse when I reached the encampment I slashed at the first person I saw as my horse rode onwards. 

As I slashed the first persons stomach another man, more of a boy, came charging forward with a sword draw crying out some weird battle cry. Raising his sword in sloppy movements he brought it down but I blocked it using the metal cuff on my wrist whilst driving my sword through his heart. The desert area quickly became coated with the blood of our enemies and our own fallen comrades. As I drew closer to the centre of the encampment I noticed the density of Persians became higher. 

Slashing at one foe only to block the attack of another and then twist around holding my sword out defensively as I did so. Kicking one man away which sent him stumbling to his butt I held out my sword which clashed with another's. Feeling pain blossom on my arm I saw a Persian solider on my left with blood coating his sword, sheathed it was mine or someone else's was unknown. Positioning myself so they were both in my sight I held out my sword. 

Both swords rained down blows which I easily blocked and sent out a few of my own. Ducking slightly to the right I thrust my sword out far and it slashed one soliders hand causing him to drop his sword whilst the other although I'd blocked his initial attack managed to create a deep gash in my left leg. As blood flowed down my left arm and leg I swung my sword around in my hand so the handle was in the opposite direction and stabbed the sword into the soliders side and then twirling it around again and slashing the other soliders throat. 

Moving forward I stabbed the back of one of the enemy who was fighting one of my soliders. Seeing light I realised we'd been fighting longer than I originally thought as day was breaking. Coming into the makeshift mini square of the encampment I saw Camillus fighting with the Persian leader with someone coming behind him so I quickly charged forward to defend my friend, my brother. 

Tackling the Persian who was sneaking up on Camillus I punched him and took the small dagger that was on my waist and stabbed his throat as the light of the sun shined even brighter than before. I couldn't focus on the time of day it was I needed to be in the present and fight among my comrades. 

As I stood I didn't care that the light got dimmer the less I tried to focus on it. I found someone who was fighting hand to hand after losing his sword. When he saw my stoner face coated in blood much like my sword and dagger he looked terrified and began prayers to whatever higher power was listening. Sheathing both my weapons I held out my hands in a defensive position, might as well give him a chance. 

He swung husband fist which I easily caught turning my back to him and flipping the man over my shoulder I quickly knelt down, my knee in the shoulder of the hand that's wasn't still in my grasp. I punched him quickly and felt the crunch of his nose under my hand and still kept punching. The light again got brighter as the thoughts of my sister consumed me, would she be ashamed of me? The violence I'm capable of and pride myself on? Would she reject me as family if we were to meet today? 

As these thoughts swirled around my head I punched even harder until I saw the mans neck snap at a awkward angle on a particularly hard punch. Standing I looked at my surroundings but had to cover my eyes as the light quickly intensified to the point of blinding. 

Feeling a shift of sorts I grew panicked and opened my eyes to look for Camillus, to make sure he wasn't hurt. But when I opened my eyes I wasn't in the encampment anymore. 

Instead I was in a wooden room with furniture of all kinds and things I couldn't for the life of me figure out the use for. Looking around I saw people all staring at me in shock, like a ghost. Eyeing my surroundings wearily as the strange people dressed in weird clothing took in my more normal appearance. A curly blonde haired girl was stood her mouth wide open with something rapped around her legs which seemed highly uncomfortable, even though everyone here seemed to be wearing them. Another girl but with darker skin much like Qetsiyah the young girl that had recently moved to Rome along with her family. A familiar girl with straight brown hair stood with tears in her eyes next to a dark blonde haired pale skinned male. 

He and a man slightly older more my age with raven black hair and piercing blue eyes stepped forward wearily. "Jeremy it's okay your back home now" his mouth moved and I registered the words and recognised the language as it was my native tongue but I hadn't used it in so long I couldn't find the words I needed, so I stayed quiet. My hand moved to the hilt of my sword as they both took another step forward. And when another step was taken by the raven haired man I attacked. 

The sword ran through his chest at lightening speed and everyone gasped and the dark blonde haired male stepped forward as I let go of the sword leaving it  irked in the other mans chest. He stepped forward holding his hands out in a peaceful manor. 

"Jeremy please stop!! It's me Elena, your sister!!" The straight brown haired girl Screeched as I made to grab the dagger still on my waist. 

Looking at the girl I knew she wasn't lying. The sketch tucked away safely in my armour flashed before my mind and it came up with the girls face. 

She hadn't changed, how hadn't she changed in all these years?!!