Chapter 24: I Wanna Live

Rebekah POV 

-FLASHBACK-

1673

I was walking down the street. My brothers were at a tavern but I was bored so I decided to go back home, and probably find someone to feed from in my way. ASI was looking at some of the drinks outside of a different tavern I felt a strong grip on my arm pulling me along the street and into an alleyway. 

"Get your hands off of me!!" I shouted to the rude man pulling my arm from his grasp before he turned to look at me. "Who the bloody hell are you?" I asked him in an angered tone, wouldn't you if someone grabbed you from the street and pulled you into an alleyway. 

"My names James Maxfield and you are Rebekah Mikaelson" he said and I nodded in confusion. How the hell did he know who I was? What did he want? And why target me? Maybe it was Mikael who'd caught up to us? "Look I've spoken to your brother Kol before but it was along time ago he's got his part to play and I need your help Rebekah" he pleaded and I saw the desperation in his eyes. 

"What can I do for you? It better not be ridiculous or I may have to rip your heart out" I Said to him and he just smiled with a hint of smirking in it at my statement, maybe he'd been watching me? 

"When you meet the next doppelgänger you need to get the ingredients and some witches to help the Petrova doppelgängers brother with this" he told me and handed me a piece of paper, it was a spell. "Please, I'm begging you" He said with a desperate tilt to his voice. I looked up at him and saw the desperation and the sadness in his eyes. "You should start looking for ingredients now trust me it'll take a while to find them all" he said and that was the last thing he said before he disappeared into the shadows. 

"Rebekah sister what are you doing?" I heard a voice shout and I quickly tucked the paper into my dress to hide it. 

"Nothing Nik, just thought I saw something" 

-PRESENT- 

"So you've got the ingredients to help me get back home?" Asked Jeremy and I nodded my head as we got closer to Mystic Falls. "How did this guy even know to ask you for help?" He asked me and I pondered, should I mention he looked like a older version of himself? 

"I have no idea but aren't you glad he did" I Said and he nodded his head in relief as he looked over the spell the man had given me. I'd written it down on new paper from time to time so it wouldn't get ruined. 

"So why did you listen to him?" He asked and I looked over as we passed the sign that said we were entering Mystic Falls. 

"You didn't see how desperate he was" I told him and he nodded his head in acceptance. "So tell me about your life, the one you'll be going back to?" I asked him and he smiled, he truly did miss his family even though he'd only been gone about a month but I guess that is perhaps a long time to a human. 

"Five children" he said and I looked over to him in shock. Fair enough I want a child but five seriously? "I know they are a handful but I do encourage it so I can't blame them" he said and I laughed, it seemed like a father would do that. "I have my wife" he said. "She gorgeous you'd never meet anyone like her" he said in a loving tone filled with longing. "Then there's Camillus he's practically my brother and his son my nephew Nero, his wife died after giving birth to his son" he told me and I nodded in acceptance as we pulled up to the house. 

"Rebekah where the hell have you been?" Asked Niklaus as me and Jeremy got out of the car. "Oh him bloody great, what's going on sister?" He shouted in annoyance, I guess Jeremy made an impression. "Is That why you were carrying all that armour into the house the other day?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Yes Nik look I'm sending Jeremy here back to Ancient Rome where he belongs so gather some witches to help with the spell, tell them I have the ingredients" I told my brother and he just sighed before pulling out his phone and walking into the housemitteribg about 'finally being gone' and 'ungrateful brats'. 

"Thanks for doing this Rebekah" Said Jeremy and I nodded my head like it wasn't that big of a deal and we headed inside. 

"Let's go get you your armour whilst Nik gets the witches for the spell" I told him and he nodded his head and followed me through the house. 

"Rebekah who's your friend?"