Chapter Twenty-Eight

June 8, 2018

Early morning sunlight filtered through the windows and cast an orange warmth on the floor of the moving tour bus. They were traveling to Munich, the second to last show in Europe.

"Hey, guys," Zach called, gathering the attention of Daniel, Eben, and Tyler—Bam Bam—in the back. He glanced over his shoulder at Maeve, who nodded a little. "Can you come here a minute?"

The three boys moved to the front and sat next to the others, looking at the youngest member of the band expectantly. Zach took a breath, though he wasn't nervous.

"Well," he started, looking at Maeve as she stood up, grabbing the hand that was behind his back. It was evident that most of the boys in front of them already knew what was going on, but they appeared to be just as enthusiastic anyway.

"Uh, we're dating," Zach let out with a smile, dropping their intertwined hands into sight.

Daniel and Jack were out of their seats, screaming, while Eben just yelled, clapping his hands together in the most rambunctious way possible. Jonah started laughing and Tyler watched the pair together, shaking his head though a large smile spread across his face. And Corbyn, well, Corbyn was absolutely grinning.

The couple let go of each other when the boys descended on them, clapping Zach on the back loudly and jostling him around with excited hollers.

Corbyn nearly tackled Maeve in an embrace, holding her tightly and rocking them back and forth.

"I knew it, Wendy," he said, just as Jess had. She could hear the uncontainable joy in his voice. "Before you even met, I told him he'd like you."