EPILOGUE

❝CARMEN RIPLEY AND THEO WEAVER.❞

(THIRTY-FIVE YEARS LATER)

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   FOR THIRTY-FIVE YEARS CARMEN WAS TRAINED TO FIGHT AND USE WEAPONS. She bled many times while doing this. So much that the red liquid is a familiar feeling to her skin. So many nights she couldn't sleep, there was either a knife gash on her side from weapon training, or the beloved winter soldier - that all of Hydra raved about - was screaming in the night. And to this day, David didn't lie about his words of never seeing the winter soldier, because still Carmen Ripley and Theo Weaver have zero clue what the super soldier looks like.

For thirty-five years Carmen was typically in training or locked up in her and Theo's room. During this time the two girls had both known they found their best friend. An oddly twisted fate brought them together because when Carmen and Theo had no one, they had each other. This oddly sounds familiar, and Carmen knows that, but she decided for her sanity, to forget all of it. Because she's never going to see the boys she once knew ever again.

For thirty-five years Carmen Ripley and Theo Weaver were forced to fist and weapon fight with each other. Then go back to their room where they would hug and cry to each other with apologies. But all of that? Carmen's now going to forget all of it. Because for thirty-five years Carmen and Theo were captives to Hydra. But not anymore, today the long-awaited plan happened. With all the training the duo easily became super strong and some of the strongest fighters. Today, Carmen Ripley succeeded in killing David Earl. Today, Theo Weaver succeeded in getting sneaking a key from one of the Hydra men. Today, Carmen Ripley and Theo Weaver got out of Hydra and are now on the run.

   Now the girls got off a train at Billings, Montana and made their way to a cheap hotel. Carmen and Theo wore professional outfits with their hair pinned up. Each girl held a suitcase - filled with weapons, supplies, and money, stolen from Hydra - but no one had to know that. Upon walking into the hotel and the lobby, waiting for someone to check the girls in. The lady smiled and asked for both of their names. Carmen looked at Theo with a smile and nodded, and then back at the lady. "Carmen Ripley and Theo Weaver."

   They were handed and key and they made their way to their room. When reaching the room, Carmen set her stuff on a bed. And for thirty-five years, Carmen vowed not to open Louie's last letter until she got out of Hydra's captivity. Today, she's opening the letter. But before doing so, the only Ripley left in her family ran a hot bath. And once it was done, she got in and read the letter, the last one she'll ever read.

Dear Carmen,

Why haven't answering? Why aren't you answering my letters? I'm scared because we haven't gotten a letter saying you're dead. So are you just ignoring me? Because that's a very rude thing to do. I have no one, Ruby's been busy, mom won't talk because she's grieving, and I just want you to answer. So answer me, or I'll never forgive you for leaving.

So I hope you're happy because I'm breaking without you and I need you. Maybe it's selfish because I don't know if you're busy but I don't think so. You haven't answered ANY of my letters and it's killing me. I hope you're happy that my heart is slowly dying because two boy figures I have are gone, mom is basically gone, dad is dead, and I don't exactly have you - my best friend - here right now.

I'm alone, and it's scaring me.

Sincerely,
Louie.

   Carmen's heart sank, but she didn't cry. She never really did cry anymore unless with Theo. But that's it. Maybe it was because she's gotten stronger, or maybe it's because she lost herself completely, but Carmen didn't feel sad about the letter - just numb in a way. So with that, she put the letter under her bathwater, destroying what was on it. She then proceeded to lean down until her whole head was underwater, and just like a strange déjà vu, Carmen held her breath. Carmen's always liked not being able to breathe.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

TOTAL WORDS: 737
NOT INCLUDING AUTHORS NOTE
EDITED: BUT IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN FIX THEM!

READ NEXT PART FOR SEQUEL INFO!

35 IS HALF OF 70, AND HOW MANY YEARS WAS STEVE IN THE ICE (; WINK WINK

MELANIE.