PROLOGUE

❝COULD I CATCH YOUR GUYS' NAMES?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

CARMEN RIPLEY LIKES NOT BEING ABLE TO BREATHE. It makes the world around her feel so weightless and silent. When she can't breathe she no longer feels obligated to love, to stress, to simply exist. She looks around and everything is just passing by, no one is looking at her as far she can tell, no one is silently judging her. Carmen can cry when she can't breathe, and no one would notice. It engulfs her in a sensation she didn't know she needed until she tried it. Because it wasn't until she couldn't breathe, that she truly felt alive.

The only thing is; it never lasts.

   Carmen's head came back up from underwater, and the silence that once surrounded her ears was instantly erupted by clapping and cheers. Her eyes opened as she scanned around and she got out of the water. It had taken Carmen a few seconds before realizing she had won the swim meet for her school. An exhilarating feeling overcame the fifteen-year-old girl. She's the first Freshman to ever win a swim meet for the varsity team.

   She began to smile and laugh as she took the goggles placed around her head off, and all the girls on her team came and hugged Carmen. She hugged back and her eyes scanned the crowd that cheered for her, she assumed most went to her high school, but none of them mattered. The sight of her parents being proud of Carmen has always been a comforting feeling for the petite girl. And right now, as her mother and father clapped for her, she knew she made them proud. Besides her parents was her three-year-old brother, Louie, instead of clapping like her parents, the young boy jumped up and down. Carmen's pretty sure he doesn't even know why he's cheering.

She waved at her family and they gladly waved back. At the moment Carmen's heartfelt full, she'd never been this happy in her life. She believes, it is no doubt the happiest moment she will ever live in her life. So, she cherished the moment, by taking a mental picture, one she'd only ever hope would never fade from her mind.

   Carmen finally looked away when a trophy was handed to her and the girls. They all cheered as Carmen held up the trophy, a bright smile was held to her face. A smile many people grew fond of, and infatuated with, Carmen never knew why she would get so many compliments on her smile, it was just simply a smile. But it just so happened it's more than just her smile, it's everything about the girl. One might say, Carmen Ripley, is extremely easy to fall in love with.

Once making it down the hall, and placing the shiny brass trophy in the trophy case, all of the girls made their way to the locker room to change. It didn't take long for Carmen to take her hair out of the cap it was in, and changed into her clothes. And as she made her way out of the school people congratulated the girl - including her own teammates. She only simply thanked them with a smile and chuckle before finally finding her family.