SIX

❝I'M OKAY, I PROMISED TO STAY, DIDN'T I?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   NEVER IN HER LIFE HAS CARMEN FELT SO EMPTY AND ALONE. All the people who passed her just didn't seem important. That honestly included David as well. It's not that she doesn't consider him a friend, it's just that people she considers family, - and Bucky - along with real family, are literally gone. Steve and her mother aren't here that's it - Carmen's glad they're alive so she has something to come home to. But all in one day did Carmen have to deal with the death of her father, Louie going missing, and Bucky being captured. It was too many things for her to handle at once.

But with Steve and Bucky both being gone, and having no clue how they are, made Carmen feel exactly as she did before they were in her life. She had friends if that's what you call people who only talk to you at school and don't make an effort outside of it. It wasn't until Steve and Bucky came into her life did she know what to do with herself. But once again, they're gone, and she has no clue what to do. It's not that she looks up to men saving her, it just so happens that both of those boys saved her mentally.

   "So you're telling me that you guys know where the captives - Bucky - are," Carmen spoke to David, "but you're not going to try and save them? Bring them back?" She asked the man as once again, David pretended to be hurt.

   This time though wasn't because he wanted to flirt with Carmen. This time he just wanted to give the girl some closure, he can very clearly see how torn up she's been lately. It tears him up as well, but for a completely different reason than it should. "There's nothing that can be done, for all we know they're dead. So we're looking at the situation as if they're dead."

   Carmen thought that maybe David didn't realize how much his words actually hurt her. But then again she also thought that maybe David said that in purpose to give some tough love. Either way, it didn't matter to her, it all sounds like nonsense. "That's dumb!" Carmen exclaimed, attempting not to raise her voice and draw attention. "All that's doing is taking away lives! You can't just assume they're dead, because next thing you know they're alive, but then killed when the enemy realizes no it really coming to save them or make a bigger fight."

   David gave a slight smile and shrug, "winning this war is what will avenge them. Either way, their lives are gonna be lost, they signed up for this. All these soldiers signed up knowing that they're sacrificing their lives for those that need it. We all basically signed up to die."

   Bucky came to Carmen's mind, and with gritted teeth, she put a finger on his chest. "Not all of them," she said with a hostile tone.

David put his hands up in defense, "hey you're right. I apologize." As Carmen continued to give him a cold stare, she put her finger down from his chest. This made David put his hand downs, and he smiled. "You're a tough one you know that right? If you really wanted you could be a female soldier."