SEVEN

❝LOUIE?❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

DEAR CARMEN,

Life hasn't been exactly the best, I wish I had exciting news like last time but unfortunately, I only have one. I just won't go into full detail because I just am sad and don't feel the need to write something super happy when life has been far from that. This also means this letter will not probably be long. Anyways, good news first, I guess? Ruby and I have been hanging out everyday and she kissed me on the cheek. I don't think I have ever blushed more in my life, she's such a beauty and I don't know how I got so lucky to have her like me back. I truly don't deserve her.

Now for the not so good news. Dad's doing badly. I mean he always was doing bad but now it's so much worse. I had no clue he could ever get worse. Carmen, I don't think he's gonna make it after this week or next week. And I know I should be thinking about dad dying but I can't help but think of mom only. I could never imagine losing the love of your life like mom is going to. I'm so grateful mom had and has time to love and show dad that she's always going to be with him, mentally and physically.

We both know mom and dad have this love that neither of us have seen anyone else have. They have had a young love their whole life together... Which is why I think you should stop trying to avoid falling in love. You can be an independent girl who wants equal women's rights all while still loving someone. We all have someone in our family, mom has dad. I have Ruby. And right now all you have is yourself, which I'm proud of you for, and never let that down. But I think we both know what I'm talking about when I say, follow your heart.

With all the love,
Lou

Sometimes Carmen really hates when her brother is right. She'd always try to avoid boys and falling in love, definitely not because she's afraid of falling in love. In fact, she loves the feeling of love, it's something that is special and something you don't just feel for anyone, and each love is different for each person. But she never forced herself to be with someone, which is why she's only been with one person. Because Carmen finds it so important to stay independent, she doesn't feel obligated to love because it's not something she's obligated to do. Carmen loves herself, and that is truly the only love that matters.

But for now, her heart told her to simply go back to camp and prepare to help any wounded soldiers. Carmen assumes that many believed them to be dead, as did the men behind her. So with all the pride in the world, Carmen stood beside Bucky, and every single person that walked in the crowd hid their smiles and walked with strength. Everyone around Carmen wore a soldier uniform meanwhile she was still stuck in her - now - dirty nurses uniform.