9.) Day Nine Continued

Friday, October 26

"Jayden Zachary Maven Wells, where are you taking me? You better not be some homicidal maniac in disguise of some lousy 16 year old. But theoretically speaking, if you are a homicidal maniac why in the name of Voldemort did you choose this disguise? I mean, there are plenty of better disguises Wells. You could've been a mini Tom Felton for one. Or even a mini Tom Hiddleston or Tom Holland. You know what? Any Tom."

Jayden laughed. "Wow, thanks for insulting me. I appreciate it. Don't worry, if I was a murderer then I would've killed you ages ago."

I frowned. "That's unsettling, Wells. You're not making things better, you know."

"And who said I was trying to?" Jayden smirked.

Jayden and I hopped over a fallen tree branch and continued on our walk. The October wind got stronger and I hugged my thin coat closer to my chest. I knew I should've worn something more heavy duty.

Jayden watched me and furrowed his brows. "Why do you call me Wells instead of my first name, Shortcake?"

I mimicked his question. "Why do you call me Shortcake instead of my first name, Wells?"

Jayden chuckled. "Touche. My question first."

"Have you read Harry Potter?"

"Nope." Jayden shook his head. "I did watch some of the movies though."

"Pfft. Muggle." I muttered below my breath.

"What?"

I looked up. "Nothing." I pointed my finger at him menacingly. "How can you not read Harry Potter?"

Wells shrugged. "Not my cup of tea."

I gasped. At that point in time, I was sure I was about to push Jayden into a tree.

"How is Harry Potter NOT your cup of tea? Harry Potter has marvelous lessons about friendship, love, and grief. I can't forget that the books deal with a multitude of controveries well. Not to mention that it also perfectly encaptures the essence of magic. Do I even have to mention Hogwarts?"

I took a deep breath to prevent myself from going whole fangirl on him while Jayden just stared at me in disbelief.

"Remind me not to get on the bad side when it comes to anything, especially books."

We both laughed and we took a turn a few steps later.

"It's more of a habit then a bad thing." I explained.

I continued. "Do you remember that awfully gorgeous boy in the Harry Potter movies that you watched that was blonde and hoity toity?"

Jayden chuckled. "You mean that ugly blonde ferret guy?"

I nodded. Jayden's technically talking about the same person but I know for sure that he's not ugly. The only time he was even close to that was in the third through fifth movies, and even then he was just minorly unattractive.

"His name's Dra-"

Jayden interrupted me. "Oh I know! Dracko Malloy, right?"

I slapped my forehead. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. "It's Draco Malfoy, Wells."

"Ohhhh..." Jayden scratched the back of his neck. "What does that have to do with me?"