Chapter 9

Achoo!

Achoo!

Achoo!

This is the third time I have sneezed since I walked through the door. All eyes set to me worriedly. I walked in the dining hall my eyes immediately setting on my mate who sat eating breakfast with his group of friends.

I sat down at a table and put my head down. Achoo! Oh dear goddess please put me out of my misery. How do humans deal with these sicknesses!

  "I heard someone sneeze!" Star runs in eyeing everyone worriedly. Please don't notice me! Please don't notice me-. At that exact time my throat decides it wants to be a bitch when it lets out a low cough.

  Her head cuts to me and she basically speed walks to my side. "Star before you turn all mother bear on me, it's just a cold."

  She glares at me icily. "You shut up, I'm going to make you some soup, and get some cough medicine and a syringe to take your blood sa-" I stare at her in horror.

  Xavier ushers her away much to my relief. "Kitten he's only got a cold, nothing rest can't fix." I give him a grateful smile.

  Heat begins to creep up my neck making me dizzy and unbalanced. I stand ignoring the obvious stares on me and stumble out of the room. A sudden blurriness takes over my vision and I go tumbling to all fours.

  "Aiden!"

A loud roar is heard when the arms holding me are roughly pushed away when I fall into a set of comforting arms. The sparks seeming to ease the heat running through my head. "No one touch him." He roars.

  He holds me in his arms tightly growling at everyone like a possessive alpha. My vision gets fuzzy as coughs leaves my mouth. "Alpha, permission to take him home?"

  "Permission granted Brandy, you are relieved of house arrest."

  "Thank you Alpha." I feel lighter on my feet as he allows me to lean on him for support.

He secures me in my car then hops in. "Mate I feel funny." His cold hand presses to my forehead, he whimpers like a sad puppy.

   "Aiden your burning up." He speeds to my house, my head lolls to the side as darkness clouds my vision. I allow the sleep to take over, my mates scent invading my senses putting me at ease.

*****

  I whimper as he goes limp in the seat. Come on car go faster! Pressing on the gas, the car lurch forward. In less than ten minutes I make it to his house. Running to his side of the car, I reach to take him out careful of his feverishly hot head.

  Thank the goddess he gave me a key to his house a while back. Unlocking the door I carry his surprisingly light body upstairs and lay him on the bed. Peeling his clothes off I leave him in his boxers.

  I head into the bathroom and getting a wet towel which I lay on his burning head. 'Poor mate, why is this happening to him.'

   My wolf growls at me. "Because you forcefully assaulted him you asshat! You did something to him while he was unconscious."

   'What do you mean'

  "Listen up you stupid human, I will never ever forgive you for what you have done to our mate. You sexually harassed him, and tore through his skin, now he will fall sick one week out of every month until the mate bond is completed properly."

     Whimpers leave my mouth. This is all my fault! I hurt mate. 'I didn't mean to hurt mate, I just want him to be ours.'

   "He is ours, why couldn't you just mark him like a normal mate. You had to be extra and assault  him!"