One maniac at a time we will take it back

Cycon was up and about when they returned to the apartment, a duster in their robot hand. They turned when Elwood and co. entered, a wide smile on their face. "Welcome back. Did the investigation-?"

Elwood glowered at the robot. "Cycon, let's talk later."

Cycon had a surprised expression as Elwood stomped past them. Elwood sauntered off to his bedroom to stew over Peg Leg's outrageous reaction some more. He slammed the bedroom door behind him and collapsed onto his bed, leaving BB and Tommy Gun out in the living room with Cycon. Though he had his head buried in his pillow, he could hear BB's country boy twang through the walls as he joked about something with Cycon, and then the robotic laughter that followed. He groaned angrily, furrowing his brow.

Why had Peg Leg been so angry about Cycon? It wasn't their fault that they didn't have up to date information on the Miracle Initiative - after all, they had been locked up in a basement for what could have been years. Plus Tommy Gun had confirmed that there was no data upload stream in Cycon's systems. So why didn't Peg Leg trust them? She had saved them, after all.

It made Elwood angry!!!!! He lay there for what felt like months, thinking about how angry he was that Peg Leg, someone he had grown to at least tolerate, would so actively oppose him suddenly. It wasn't like he accepted people into his life very easily, much less a robot pirate woman. Hell, he hadn't even fully accepted BB yet, and he had known him for as long as he could remember (a few years).

Speaking of the devil, Elwood heard the bedroom door open quietly and then shut again. The bed dipped down next to him as someone sat down next to him, but Elwood already knew who it was. He turned his head to peer up at BB, who was looking down at him with a concerned expression. The cowboy removed his hat.

"Partner…ya doin alright?"

"Go away, BB," Elwood muttered, his voice muffled by the pillow.

BB blew upwards at the hair that had fallen into his face when he had taken off his hat. "I know you've got your back up. That sea wench really got you mad. But I wouldn't let it." Elwood turned more so he could fully look at BB as he spoke. "Thanks to that lil robot out there, we got the bulge on this case, right? Maybe Peg Leg is feelin' sore about us gettin' closer to bustin' that blue guy for kidnappin' the prez. Once we catch em, she'll go back to normal, right?"

"Right," Elwood said slowly, but the anger was still there. Just not as intensely.

"That Cycon, while you were in here gettin' powerful mad, told us about this Initiative thingeroo where, apparently, that blue guy will be in attendance." BB reached into his left breast pocket and pulled out a small, folded piece of paper. It was folded so small that it took BB a solid minute of unfolding to get the full thing spread out on the sheets of the bed. Elwood looked down at it - it was written in blocky, uncertain letters, and with a small smile, he realized that Cycon had written it themselves. BB tapped his fingers absently on the edge of the paper. "Said they did some looky loo'in' by connectin' to the world  wide web with your internet cables."

The world wide web had grown almost terrifyingly expansive in the more recent years - there were about a gajillion and a half webpages to see and use whether it be for work or for personal reasons. Elwood, personally, used to lurk on forums dedicated to aliens and the unknown, but he had grown out of them. That doesn't mean he didn't still have them bookmarked tho. For reference.

"How smart of them," Elwood muttered, slightly impressed that Cycon had the cognizance to connect themselves to the internet. "Tommy Gun knows this?"

"Tommy Gun left before the robot gave me the paper," BB said, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips. "Don't think they wanted her seein' it, for some reason or another. Trust issues, maybe."