shaking in my boots

Tommy Gun's car was pretty boring and inconspicuous, typical of a PTBI agent, Elwood supposed. There was a leopard print cozy around the steering wheel, but otherwise it was just a boring old silver, two doored car.

BB was smashed in the back, his knees pulled up to his chest awkwardly. When Tommy Gun turned her keys in the ignition, she began to speak.

"Don't touch anything back there."

"I wouldn't touch this heap of junk even if ya paid me," BB muttered. He shifted around so that he wouldn't accidentally crush any of the cardboard boxes full of terribly patterned dresses on the car's floor. "Woody's really got the bulge with this one, Miss."

Tommy Gun pursed her lips. She wasn't really a bad driver, but she took very sharp turns that made Elwood feel a little carsick, and Elwood NEVER felt carsick. He was a little embarrassed. At least he wasn't cramped back there like BB was, though. He turned to Tommy Gun, hoping that he wasn't turning green, and cleared his throat. "So? Why exactly are you…well, helping us?"

"Hm." She didn't even flinch at his question. She even kept her eyes on the road at all times. "Because I was touched by your friend's acts of selflessness - it's a rarity in law enforcing." Her face screwed up painfully for a brief second, but it was long enough that Elwood caught tit. "I don't know when you passed out, but both the cowboy-"

"My name is Billy Bob Junior, ma'am. Call me BB."

"-and the pirate both attempted to make sure you didn't get injured. In fact, that robot did much more than make sure you weren't injured - she made sure we all got out unscathed. Of course, I twisted my ankle, but that was not because of the fall."

"So Peg Leg really did save us…" Elwood muttered, looking out the window. Somehow, it was a little hard to comprehend. Sure, she always spouted crap about him being her captain and how she was loyal to him, but he never expected her to SAVE him. He hadn't ever even THOUGHT that he'd be in a near death situation with her, so it never came to his mind. He frowned. "Why is she at your house?"

"Again, because you were unconscious, you don't remember this. Neither should the cowboy, I believe. She was damaged greatly from the fall and the impact of all of our bodies falling on top of hers, so I offered to fix her."

Elwood asked, "Was that her blood in my kitchen?"

Tommy Gun nodded. Finally, her gaze broke from the road and she looked solemnly at Elwood. "She's an Initiative robot. She bled like theirs did."

Elwood sputtered. "Uh - yeah, but…uh, I can explain-"

"No need," Tommy Gun said. Her eyes were back to the road, as she took road rules VERY seriously. "She knew the way out of the basement. She effectively saved us even after sacrificing her own life to do so in the first place. Honestly, if she hadn't been…a robot…we probably wouldn't be speaking to each other."

She had a point. The rest of the car ride was silent as Elwood pondered the true importance of a pirate robot in ones life.

When they pulled up to Tommy Gun's house, Elwood discovered it wasn't really a house. It was like a loft-styled flat above a relatively large electronics store.

"My family owns it," she explained when Elwood asked her about it. "I'm pretty good with electronics because of it."

They got out of the car (BB did too, but with a little difficulty, because the seat on Elwood's side was stuck so it took them like fifteen minutes to get it unstuck so BB could get out easily). Then after BB had successfully gotten out, they made their way to the stairs at the side of the building. They were rickety and creaked beneath their steps. Elwood didn't know what he was expecting from Tommy Gun, but it wasn't this. He was probably expecting a disco dance hall, because he forgot sometimes that Tommy Gun didn't dress like a disco queen every waking moment of her life.