Chapter 5

I needed to know more about Cali's death because right now I knew nothing. 'Where is my phone?' I lose it every other second of the day. After 10 minutes of looking I found it in my bookbag. 7 missed calls from Dad. I picked up my phone and called him back. "Oh thank god your okay," he said when he answered, "I know about Cali. Im working her case. We should talk when I get home." "Dad, what happened to her?" I said practically sobbing. "Look sweetie, this isn't something to talk about over the phone, okay?" "Okay, Dad." I said reluctantly "I'll see you when you get home. Love you." "Love you too, Hannah." He said before hanging up.

The front door opened and in walked my dad. My dad has combed back, dark-brown hair, piercing green eyes, and light-beige colored skin. He's a police officer. My dad's name is Peter, by the way. "Bonnie! Hannah! I'm home!" He called to my mother and me. "Hey Dad. What happened to Cali?" I asked. "Honey, I don't know if your ready to hear this." He replied in a low voice. "What happened to her... Is horrible. I don't think you would want to think of her like that." "She's my best friend! I need to know, Dad! I can't just act like I don't care!" I practically screamed. "Honey, calm down. Peter.. She's strong. She can take it." My Mother squeaked from across the kitchen. My Father let out a long sigh before finally opening up about what happened to Cali... I couldn't believe my ears. And to be honest, I didn't want to.