Chapter Thirteen

No longer than two seconds after my head hit my pillow that night, my phone started ringing loudly and scared the living daylights out of me. Groaning, I reached over and swiped it up. ''Hello?''

''Sweetheart,'' his rough voice said.

I couldn't help but smile. ''How did you get my number?''

''You called me remember,'' Jesse replied.

I rolled my eyes, so he was going to play this game. ''My number should have shown up as 'unknown' when I called...'' I said, ''how did you get my number?''

Jesse chuckled, ''We'll talk about that another time, but I want to see you now.''

I smiled, what a sneak. The again, what should I have expected? ''I was about to go to sleep...''

''Well get some clothes on and meet me at the beach. I need to see you,'' Jesse replied. I heard a door slam in the background.

I leaned over and looked at the clock, which showed that it was only 9PM. I guess it wasn't too late to go see him. ''Fine. I'll be there, but you better not bring along any of your guys. Especially not Steve.''

''Why would I do something like that?'' he asked.

''You're Jesse Miller. You're unpredictable,'' I replied, making it sound like I was bored even though my stomach was doing flips. ''I'll see you in ten.'' Why did he even want to see me? What was so special about me? He could get any girl he wanted.

I dropped my phone on the bed and quickly got out of my pajamas into my skinny jeans, combat boots, a button down plaid shirt and leather jacket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I snuck out of the clubhouse, I walked down to the beach until I saw his silhouette in the moonlight. I was glad we were the only two here tonight and maybe that's why he wanted us to meet here. ''Jesse,'' I called to let him know I was here. The last thing I need was to accidentally sneak up on him.

Jesse turned around and looked at me. ''Sweetheart.''

It melted me every time he said it. A criminal like him calling me 'sweetheart.' It wasn't something I expected from a man like him.

I walked up to him until I was just a few steps away.

''So I'm unpredictable, huh?'' He asked. I could see a small smirk on his face.

''Yeah, you are,'' I muttered. My stomach was once again doing flips.

''When it comes to you I'm not,'' he replied back in the same tone. I frowned but I'm sure he couldn't see it. What was that suppose to mean? He took another step towards me and I backed up a step out of pure instinct until his voice cut through the air.

''You're afraid of me, aren't you?'' He asked, leaning down to look me in the eye.

''I..I don't know,'' I stuttered. God this was embarrassing! What has gotten into me? It wasn't like I had never been alone with him before. Although we were surrounded by nothing but loud waves and limited light, so I guess it was only natural to be a little freaked out.

''Don't be afraid of me sweetheart,'' Jesse said softly. He wrapped his arms around me and I instantly relaxed, wrapping my arms around his back and resting my head on his chest. ''You know I won't hurt you.''

''I've heard that one before,'' I said, pulling back from his embrace.

''I'm serious. If I was going to hurt you, I would've already done it,'' Jesse admitted, running his knuckles down my face.

That's when I realized something. He was being honest, it was me who was being stupid. ''I believe you.''

''Good,'' Jesse replied, pushing the hair out of my face. My breathing hitched when he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine with dominance. I kissed him back like it was the last time I'd see him, which could be possible with the lifestyles we led.