Chapter Seven

I sat upright, rubbing my eyes. Damn, I had a bad headache.

I knew immediately that something was off when I realized I wasn't in my room. No, I was at the clubhouse. I cursed when I noticed that I had no clothes on. What happened last night?

I almost fell off of the bed in pure terror when I felt the bed moving beside me. There laid Ryder...shirtless. Oh no. This can't be happening! ''Ryder!''

''What?'' he groaned, rolling over on his back.

''Am I just seeing things or are we naked in bed together?'' I asked. I better be dreaming!

Ryder looked around at our surroundings like he had just dropped back into reality. He yanked the blankets back quickly. Thank god, he had his swimsuit on. ''What did we do?'' he asked.

''I was hoping you'd know the answer to that...'' I replied. Beer cans scattered the ground and I didn't even remember getting back to the clubhouse, let alone drinking even more than I had at the beach party.

''Oh, now I remember...'' Ryder chuckled. His short brown hair was sticking straight up.

''Well, spit it out. The damage has already been done, I suppose.''

''We didn't have sex. We stripped, or you did... I don't remember why, but you did. I guess we passed out after that.'' He ran his hand over his hair and sighed. ''Oh, and we kissed.''

''We what?!'' I shouted, holding the blankets tightly to my chest. I guess we didn't hold our liquor as well as I thought we could. 

I cringed at the fact that he saw me naked last night. Could this day get any worse?

''Yeah, well, we were hammered,'' Ryder explained, ''What can I say.''

''We better not have done anything other than kiss. I swear,'' I spat, furious. I knew it wasn't his fault, it was mine for drinking so much. I was the one that was supposed to be home for dinner...oh fuck! I totally forgot about that! My parents were going to have my ass when I got back home.

''We didn't, obviously, or I would've lost my pants a long time ago,'' Ryder smirked.

I glared at him because I was so pissed that I couldn't do anything else at the moment. Breaking eye contact, I looked down at the floor to find my clothes. I wasn't even going to ask how they got here, because I knew the last thing I was wearing was my bikini. Which by the way, wasn't anywhere to be found.

''Just...turn around and let me change. I'm late for school and my parents are going to throw a fit.'' It was already 9AM.

''Fine,'' he muttered and did as I told him.

I put on my underwear and bra first, followed by my jeans, shirt, and jacket. Looks like I was going to be wearing this to school because I couldn't go back home to change and still make it to school in time to even try and remotely get anything done. It was my senior year and I really needed to get my act together.

''Do you think you could drop me off at school? My bike is still at the beach, I think.''

''Yeah, sure. Come on,'' Ryder threw a white shirt over his head and again, I wasn't going to ask where it came from. Maybe someone tossed our clothes in here for us...great, another moment of embarrassment. That is why, kids, you don't get drunk at the beach on a school night. Then again, you only live once.

I shoved my gun into my jeans again and followed beside Ryder until we entered the main room. Of course it was full and of course every pair of eyes in the room snapped to us. If that wasn't bad enough, to my dismay, they started smirking big time.