To The Moon and Back

This is for Jensen who had to work late tonight.

        Jensen slammed the door closed behind him and ran his hands roughly over his face, dropping his hat on the hook beside the door and trudging through the apartment with his shoulders slouched and his hand shoved in his pockets. He entered his small bedroom and undressed, grabbing joggers and a T-shirt, pulling them on and heading to the kitchen to grab food.

        He hadn't eaten since five and he had started work at 7:30. His stomach was growling at him so he felt obligated to fill it with something. Anything.

        He pulled the fridge open and pursed his lips, grabbing cheese slices, butter, and bread. He grabbed a pan and started making grilled cheese, humming to the radio which was always on in the window. He flipped the sandwich and glanced at the clock to see it was half past eleven.

        He shook his head, prying his eyes open, and slid the sandwich onto his plat, sitting and biting into it slowly, hoping it would be good enough for his growling stomach. He finished the sandwich quickly and rested his head in his palm, grabbing his pencil and sketching on the surface of the kitchen table.

        The front door clicked open and Jensen's head shot up, looking towards the doorway of the kitchen to see Frank standing there, a giant bouquet of fake black roses in his hand and a slight smile on his face.

        "Hi Frank. I thought you were back on tour today." Jensen mumbled, continuing the sketch on the table, the pencil etching the curly hair of his favourite YouTuber, Pj Liguori.

        "Well...I managed to convince the guys to leave tomorrow night so I have the rest of tonight and some of tomorrow to be with you." Frank said, striding over to Jensen and handing him the dark flowers. "If you want to, of course."

        Jensen smiled softly and toom the flowers, pushing his chair back and standing to hug his boyfriend. He kissed the dark haired guy's cheek and walked over to his cupboard. He pulled out a tall vase and put the fake roses in it, putting a little bit of water in the bottom and setting it on the table before turning back to Frank. "Thank you."

        Frank shrugged and wrapped Jensen up in his arms, kissing the bleached blond. Jensen giggled and Frank picked him up quickly, draping him over his shoulder and carrying him to the bed room. He dropped the squirming boy onto the bed anc climbed in, pulling the blond on top of him and turning the TV on.

        Jensen buried his face in Frank's neck and sighed, his fingers gently wound in Frank's hair and Frank's arms wrapped around. "You're freaking amazing..."

        Frank smiled and stroked Jensen's hair. "So are you."

       Jensen blushed and kissed Frank's neck softly, shifting slightly so his head was on Frank's chest. They watched crappy TV for a while before Frank entwined their fingers and slide something into the palm of Jensen's hand.

        Jensen pulled his hand away and smiled at the small photo of the two of them a few weeks ago. They had been apart for about two months and when they saw each other, they didn't stop hugging and kissing for a good half hour. Gerard had taken the photo and got one copy made for Frank, knowing that Jensen had tons of photos of them. 

        "I remember this...I was so happy that day." Jensen said, biting his lip and running his thumb over the photo.

        "So was I." Frank said, kissing Jensen's temple.

        Jensen smiled even wider and placed a soft kiss on Frank's lips, tucking the photo back into Frank's hand and entwining their fingers once again. They didn't get to be together often but when they did, they spent every moment they could touching or just being near each other. They never got tired of each other's presence and they usually fell asleep entwined.