Chapter 31 - Being A Potato Has Its Benefits

Ru Qiang closed the door behind him while stepping into the hallway. As it clicked shut behind him, the last of Feng Yao's mutterings entered his ears.

"--meanie. Bully. Sugar-hoarder. Two-faced blackmailer. Cross-dressing tea-lover--"

Li Yue suddenly appeared in front of him with a bowed head. "Young Master. Doctor Yi is awaiting your orders."

Ru Qiang nodded while ignoring the curses obviously aimed towards him that were leaking out from underneath Feng Yao's door. Following Li Yue, he walked across the hallway and into another room where Doctor Yi and Xi'er were both waiting.

As soon as he entered, Doctor Yi stood up from where he'd been sitting at the table and greeted him.

"Young Master, I have finished looking at the Young Miss' injury. She should be fine as long as she doesn't put weight on it for the next few weeks."

Ru Qiang nodded. "Thank you Doctor Yi."

Doctor Yi quickly shook his head in response before smiling. "It's no problem at all. I'm glad that I was of assistance. But there's one thing that's a bit strange." His smile slowly faded away as he continued. "There's something strange with the Young Miss' body, so I'm not completely sure of how her body will react with the medicine. You may need to keep careful watch over her tonight."

Ru Qiang paused before replying. "Understood."

"And..." The doctor hesitated as he lowered his eyes. "...I have one last thing to report. On my way here, I noticed a suspicious group of martial artists from the jianghu. I didn't dare go closer; their skill levels were much higher than mine, but I did manage to hear that they were looking for a certain person."

The atmosphere in the entire room suddenly chilled as three pairs of eyes snapped towards him. They all knew that there was only one reason why the jianghu would suddenly start to become active again.

Both Xi'er and Li Yue protectively stepped closer towards their master who had already scrunched his brows in thought. After a long stretch of silence, Ru Qiang finally spoke.

"Tian Yi?"

The expression on the doctor's face was completely serious as he answered. "Yes. It seems as though they are looking for her."

Doctor Yi's answer seemed to ignite a deep rage inside of Li Yue. His eyes were astonishingly cold as he took another step closer. "Why now of all times? Tian Yi has long disappeared from the world of the jianghu. We made sure that her name was buried after the death of the previous Zheng Emperor."

Sensing the escalating situation, Ru Qiang put out his arm in front of Li Yue's chest to stop him. Li Yue, suddenly realizing what he was doing, shamefully lowered his eyes and stepped away.

Doctor Yi didn't seem to be fazed by what had happened and simply bowed his head. "My apologies. I was unable to get closer to hear more details. They discovered my location and began to violently pursue me. It took a while before I was able to shake them off my trail and come here."

"You did the right thing." Ru Qiang replied before Li Yue could speak up again. "Those people are not to be taken lightly. Make sure to avoid them when you head back."

"Yes, Young Master. If there's nothing else you require from me, then I should return now in order to have enough time to go around their location. I have not yet finished that other task you asked of me."

"En, I understand. Then, please take care."

Hearing Ru Qiang's sincere words, the doctor smiled. "Thank you. May you all also take care."