\\ three //

Calum Hood continued to play his guitar and sing with his melodic voice while the children in front of him continued to smile and nod their heads along to the music.

'Mr Hemmings.' Luke didn't realise that Joey's friend had been speaking to him, tugging on his sleeve impatiently. 'Mr Hemmings, I think you have to leave now.'

Luke tore his gaze from the talented man and to the little boy.

'What?'

'You have to leave now. Parent time is over.'

Luke looked around. The boy was right; all the parents were kissing or hugging their children goodbye and swiftly leaving through the wooden gate at the south side of the playground.

'Oh, right. Yeah.' Luke dropped the sandy truck, stood up and brushed himself down. 'Right.'

He turned his head to look back at the nursery teacher who had stopped singing and playing and was now ruffling the hair of a smiley ginger haired boy.

Luke gently placed a kiss on the top of Joey's head, never taking his eyes off Calum Hood.

'See you later Joey and... uhh...'

'Tom.'

'Tom. Got it. See ya.' Luke awkwardly stumbled away from the sandpit and walked through the gate, trying hard not to look in Calum's direction.

Luke got into his car, turned on the engine and rested his head on the steering wheel. He felt exhausted and confused. Did he deserve to feel this way? Did he deserve to have all these feelings flushing through his body constantly? He couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't deal with the fact that those demons were destroying him.

They were going to kill him.

'Luke.' Came a sickly dark whisper from the backseat.

Luke lifted his head from the steering wheel and glared into the rear view mirror at the grinning demon behind him.

'You can never be happy in this world, Luke'.

'Shut up.' Luke growled.

'It's true. No one is ever going to love you.' The demon surged forward and grabbed Luke's neck. 'No one, Luke. NO ONE.'

Luke shoved the demon's hands away from his neck and turned around to scream at it.

'Just leave me the hell alone! I haven't done anything wrong! Why do I deserve this?' Luke screamed and screamed at the demon until he felt like his throat was going to split. However, the demon just sat back, its arms outstretched over the backseats with a big smile on its face, as if they were just having a friendly conversation.

Luke suddenly felt self conscious of how much screaming he'd done. He turned back around in his seat and looked out the window. Several mothers and fathers were staring at him, whispering, wondering who the hell he was screaming at. Luke sharply turned back around to the demon, but it was gone.

While his head began to throb, he started the engine to his car and reversed out of the car park.

As soon as he was outside the big metal gates, a small, snarky voice snaked back into his ear.

'Silly old Luke. You don't want to make the locals suspicious, do you?'

'Bugger off!' Luke shouted with such force that the car swerved a little.

Luke felt tears burn in his eyes. But it was okay now, they were gone.

The demons were gone.

He was safe.

For now.

----

A/N;

Super late update I know, I'm so sorry>_

Please please vote&comment&follow

ilysm

~im-not-a-demon

xx