Cp. 4: A promise broken?

"Be careful, okay Love?" I said as I fixed the collar on his lab coat "I'll be back soon. But, I will." "Did you pack enough food? Weapons? Tor-" I was interrupted by Duncan kissing me. He gently pulled away. "Don't you worry your pretty little head. I'll be back soon" "Alright." I hugged him and he set off to his journey towards blackrock castle. I looked and saw he left the book. I chuckled a bit and grabbed it. I ran to him and he turned to me. I handed him the book. "You would forget your head if it wasn't attached." He chuckled and kissed me before walking away. I smiled and walked back to the factory.

Duncan's Pov

I arrived at Blackrock and knocked on the door. Instead of Rythian, a young girl that looked no older than five, with fiery red hair and glowing purple eyes and wore a grey shirt, a red scarf, and black shorts. It has to be there daughter. "Hi, who might you be?" I asked. "I'm Beatrice, who are you?" "I'm Duncan." Her eyes filled with fear and she screamed "DADDY!" I heard running and saw Rythian scoop up the frightened girl. A teenage boy with hair just like Rythian but with brown eyes, wearing a black mask like Rythian but wore a red shirt and grey jeans saw me and grabbed Beatrice, bringing her into a different room. He said a quiet "Thank you Zack." He looked at me with anger. "Why did you scare my little girl?" I put my hands up and said "I only asked who she was and said my name, I promise." Another girl, with brown hair and purple eyes, twelve, wearing a black shirt and dark purple jeans, and a black cape like her father came out and saw me. She had a thauminomicon in her left hand and raised her right hand as if to cast a spell but Rythian said "Not yet Megan." She put her hand down and walked to her fathers side. He put his hand on her shoulder"What do you want Duncan?" I heard his daughter mutter 'So this is Duncan' "Xeph had his journal read aloud while he was asleep and I came to get a spell put on it so only he could open it." "Why do you care so much about Xephos?" He asked. "Please Rythian-" "Answer my fathers question, Duncan." Megan snapped. "Because we're a couple! Okay?" Rythian's eyes widened. He smirked under his mask and said "I would've thought he'd have better taste." I grabbed him by the collar, but Megan raised her hand and muttered something in Latin and I blacked out.

Xephos's Pov

Its been six hours since he left. I became worried. I kept looking over the horizon, to see his messy blonde hair, his crystal blue eyes, and the smile he normally wore. To hug him. To kiss him. To tell him he loved him. Simon came over and told me to go to bed. I thought when I awoke, he would be there. So I went to the dormitories and changed into his shirt, took off my shoes, and crawled into his bed. Hopefully, I'll wake up and he'll be here. I quietly hummed the song he sung me. I soon fell asleep as his scent whirled around me.