Chapter 3

(AN: PICTURE ABOVE: HARRY POTTER AFTER POTION OR PLEIONE LETO NIGHTSHADE.)

"So much for a son, but I suppose a daughter is even better."

It had been one week since little Harry had been turned into a girl and Zoe and Artemis still couldn't think of a name for their new shared daughter.

"Hmm...I'm thinking Leto or Pleione to honor our respective mothers." Artemis finally said one day while looking at a giggling 'Harry' that was riding around slowly on one of the wolves backs.

"Why not both? Most people have a first name then a middle name then a last name nowadays anyways." One of the newer Hunters, a Hermes daughter called Alitith, asked looking at the two with her head tilted to the side.

"That works for me. Pleione Leto Nightshade it is since I have no surname of my own to speak of." Artemis said after exchanging glances and shrugs with Zoe who gaped at the fact that the child had her last name and her mothers first name instead of the first name of Lady Artemis's mother.

"Dada up!" Little Pleione said holding her hands up at her 'dada' who smiled slightly and lifted her up. It had taken a little getting used too but now she reacted almost instantly to the word 'dada' from her adorable little girl.

"Taking to the title of 'dada' now Zoe?" Phoebe teased the Lieutenant who shot her a mock glare.

"You're not very scary with a toddler in your arms 'dada'." Phoebe said snickering when Pleione tugged on Zoe's circlet to try and steal it again, that child was as crafty and sneaky as any Hermes child could be.

"Silence Phoebe." Zoe said before taking her circlet back from the toddler and putting it back in its place.

"Yes dada." Phoebe said causing several others to giggle or snort in amusement.

The 3 fates appear and say "Hail! Pleione Leto Nightshade, goddess of Constellations and Wolves." The 3 fates disappear.

"Hey if Lady Artemis adopted little Pleione and yet Pleione calls Zoë 'dada' does that mean the Zoë's a male and is at least dating Lady Artemis?" The newest of the Hunters, aside from Pleione, asked 'innocently'... the mischievous smirk on her face caused Artemis to scowl slightly as she blushed. She knew one of her twin's daughters in the hunt, almost half of the hunters were her nieces so there were quite a few of her twins 'baby girls' here, would say something like that.

"I wonder what dad would say about him being an uncle?" One of the older Apollo girls, Jocelyn asked curiously causing Artemis to face palm. Her brother drove the sun chariot and it was day time right now. He already knew.

"He'll probably say that it's about time." Another Apollo girl, Vanessa said shrugging and snickering at Artemis's reactions.

"You bet I would! Sis finally gave me a little niece to spoil!" Apollo said appearing out of nowhere in a small flash of light, causing a few of the hunters to jump with their bows out. Zoe and Artemis had the most intense reaction to the surprise visit.

Zoë jumped backwards and cradled Pleione close protectively in one arm while she had a silver dagger held at the ready in her other arm. Artemis on the other hand jumped in front of Zoë protectively with her bow out and an arrowed fired at her twin on reflex while another arrow appeared notched in her bow string. Apollo quickly blasted the arrow before it could hit him or one of the other girls in the hunt and grinned at his sister.

"Nice reflexes sis, firing off a killing shot to a potential threat to your child in an instant." Apollo said not looking bothered by the arrow almost striking him and instead grinning proudly at his sister while Pleione peeked out at him from where her head was buried in the crook of Zoe's neck.

"Apollo. How many times do I have to tell you not to flash into my camp like that?" Artemis asked sighing slightly as she lowered her bow, glaring at her twin who didn't stop grinning.

"Four thousand two hundred and fifty three times to date sis! Can I spend some time with my girls and meet my little niece?" Apollo asked cheerfully, pouting slightly at his sister who rolled her eyes at him although there was a slight upturning of the corner of her lips while most of the Apollo girls looked surprised at their dad actually wanting to spend time with them.

"Overgrown child. That's what you are you know that right?" Artemis asked causing her brother to nod happily.

"Fine but if I find out you've corrupted my nieces or my child in anyway..." Artemis warned, her threat trailing off as her eyes narrowed. Although she didn't expect her brother to corrupt his daughters or her child...in fact. If she knew her brother, and she did, then he'd react in a completely overprotective manner in three...two...one...

"Corrupt my baby girls and little niece!? Never! I sent them to you for a reason! No one touches my baby girls." Apollo said looking horrified at the very thought of it as he hugged his closest daughters protectively while they all looked startled at that.

"Overprotective goof." Artemis said smiling at her brother with a roll of her eyes.

"Well you don't like it when I get overprotective of you, and naturally I'm protective of my baby girls...since you don't want me to be protective of you I can at least be protective of my adorable little niece." Apollo said pouting at his sister who shook her head with a fond smile on her lips.

"It's alright girls...out of all the gods Apollo is the only one who might pretend to flirt with those of you who aren't his children...but he wouldn't actually try to make you break your vow. He'd probably kill anyone who tried anything with his daughters." Artemis said smiling at her Hunters who nodded in acknowledgement to her words.

"Got that right sis! No one goes near my little girls without getting past me first!" Apollo said nearly growling as he glared around, as if expecting an enemy to pop out of the woodworks.

"Unky." A small voice piped up causing everything and everyone to stop as they all stared at the tiny child in Zoe's arms. Little Pleione's silver eyes with the volcanic ring around the iris's were locked firmly on Apollo as she giggled slightly.

"Unky 'Lo." Pleione said giggling as she looked at Apollo...

There was a brief moment of dead silence before a loud squeal made the birds nearby fly off.

1 year later and Night before Council Meeting:

Artemis is asleep in bed when suddenly she hears moans of pain from her daughter's crib. She gets out of her bed and walks over and sees her daughter covered in sweat. Artemis gently shakes her daughter. Pleione wakes up and sees her mama and climbs onto Artemis. Artemis says "Moonbeam, what's wrong?" Pleione says " Had very bad dream mama," Pleione sobs again. Artemis walks over to the rocking chair and sits down. 3 minutes later Pleione still hasn't calmed down. Artemis says "Pleione talk to Mama it's what I'm here for." Pleione says "Mama know Mama was there." Artemis says "Then Tell Mama, Mama is forgetful." Pleione says "Mama left Pleione. Mama didn't want Pleione no more. Pleione had to leave. Don't want to leave wanna stay with Mama, Dada and Sissies." Pleione cries heart wrenching sobs. Artemis kisses her daughter's forehead and says "Pleione sweetheart, mama wants you and will love you all the time. Okay?" Pleione nods and but can't stop crying. Artemis says "Sweetheart would you like  to nurse?" Pleione nods while sobbing. Artemis takes her pajama top off and helps Pleione latch onto her breast and starts suckling and milk comes out. Artemis starts rocking in the chair again while nursing her daughter and soon enough Pleione is asleep again. Artemis puts her top back on, unlatches Pleione from her breast, carefully gets up with her daughter in her arms and gently puts Pleione back into her crib and gets back in her bed and goes back to sleep.