The Confession

The Confession

Trinity's POV

Minutes earlier

I watched as Nate drove away before clicking my key and opening the door.

"Trinity, you have a visitor." my mom called. That's weird... a visitor?

I walked into the kitchen and saw Tucker standing chatting with my dad. I smiled.

"Hey, Tucker!"

He turned and gave me his lopsided grin. "Trin!"

Somehow, the creepiness of the situation didn't find it's way into my mind. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to show you something." He said. "Could I talk to you?"

"Sure..." I shrugged at my mom and led him down the hall where my room was. He shut the door - I started getting worried.

The realization of how weird this was sunk in. Did my mother not know what the boy I had been secretly "going out" with looked like? Did she had any idea this was him? Why was he here?

"Here, let me see your necklace." He said. When I didn't move, he laughed. "You look terrified, Trinity. Don't you trust me?"

He held the small bottle in his hand, examining it for a moment, before he yanked. I jumped, pulled along with the chain.

"Oh, sorry. Here." He put a hand on my shoulder and tugged again. The chain bit into the back of my neck. I stomped on his foot.

"What are you doing? Are you crazy?" I said.

"Possibly."

He wrapped a hand around the chain and pulled the bottle - the chain started getting hot.

"Tucker..." I said, my hands pushing at him to let go, and at the same time, clawing at the necklace. Tucker kept pulling. The chain slowly grew warmer and tighter, closing around my throat.

"Tucker, please-" I wheezed, my voice disappearing with the chain choking my throat. I tried to scream, tried to push Tucker away, but I was weak. My vision got spotty, the chain grew white hot. Tears spilled from my eyes until - boom. The bottle flew from the chain, Tucker with it. He went sprawling backwards, the bottle in his hand, while I fell. My head hit the floor, and my vision went black.

~

Nate's POV

Trinity was collapsed on the floor, her limbs at odd angles. Her chain hung limp around her neck, burn marks similar to my own encircling it.

"What did you do to her?" I yelled, collapsing at her side, feeling for a pulse. She was breathing - thank god. I turned on him, picking him up by the shirt. "What did you do?"

Tucker just looked at me. "I merely removed the bottle from the necklace. She was choked by the chain, maybe a little burned," he looked at my neck. "And then she fell. And since she is unconscious, she didn't experience the effect of smashing the bottle-"

"You WHAT?" I yelled at his face, clamping a hand around his neck.

"Smashed the glass. Sand release. She was unconscious during that period of time, and therefore the effect of such an action, which would have killed her, did not. I freed her like she wanted, from being trapped by magic."

"You nearly killed her, to be with her? You're an idiot! You're not her match for a reason." I screamed.

"You can't be the judge of that!" he said back. "Trinity gets to decide!"

"Not like you've given her much of a choice!"

I looked down at her limp body. Lifting it up, I laid her out on the bed and looked around. On the nightstand, glass bits, big and small, were mixed with multi-colored sand. The cork sat a couple inches away - I picked it up.

Destined.

I closed it in my hand and slid it into my pocket when - my fingers slid across jagged objects. I cringed. Glass.

My bottle had shattered.

I took out my hand and watched as sand slid between my fingers. It was tinted red from the fresh cuts on my hand.

"You bastard." I said, looking up at Tucker. "You selfish bastard."

And suddenly, the room was filled with police officers, 911 personnel, and a very angry looking Mrs. Harpers.