▧ Chapter 41: Explanations ❤ ▧

[ 2 weeks later ]

Ray,

Cat said she wanted to meet up with me, so I agreed, of course.

I missed hanging around with her alot and do want to try and work things out at least, but if its not the relationship thing she wants, then I honestly hope we still have a shot at the friendship thing.

We have so much history together, we go wayyy back, and its personal between me and her; I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the restaurant door open.

I looked behind me to see Cat looking beautiful as ever. She was wearing a plain white T-shirt with some blue teared skinny jeans and black Charlie chanel heels and a Rolex watch and some hoop earrings.

Little make up and lip gloss. "Hey Ray." She said walking up to.

"Hey." I greeted back.

"Hug?" She asked and I was more than happy to give it to her. I got up and hugged her. It felt nice.

Once we both pulled away, she sat down, across from me. "So, how have you been?"

"Pretty good, you?"

"Same...how's Miss Nae?"

"She's doing good."

"Good.." She said nodding some.

I straightened myself up. "So what did you wanna talk about?" I questioned.

"You." She said.

"What about me?" I questioned, a little confused myself. She shrugged and sat back in her seat. "You tell me."

I paused for a moment and thought. About me? What about me? I know I'm one of a kind, but it's rare anyone wants to talk about me. I looked over at Cat and saw she was holding in a laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked her, slightly smiling, and she shook her head. "Nothing." She cleared her throat and sat back up in her seat.

"The reason I wanted us to meet is because the last time we talked, things kind of rushed between us." She said. I was all ears on what she had to say.

"From us being bestfriends, to you bullying me, to me then forgiving you, then giving myself away, and then we date..." She hummed for a minute. "I have to admit, you fooled me once again." She cocked her head to the side.

"We have A LOT riding us right now, and you gotta admit, we are too complicated." She said, now playing with a strand of her hair. As I was putting her words together trying to figure out what she could possibly mean, she already said the words I dreaded.

"This shit started with me and you, but technically, it was more of you, and I'm left to pick up the broken pieces...I just think it's best if we kind of stayed our distance away from one another. No contact or anything."

"Wait WHAT?!" I said almost getting loud. She can't be serious about this, ain't no fucking way.

"I know Ray-"

"Cat, just stop." I raised my hand up. Yeah, I'm obviously showing that I'm not over her, but she is really loosing her mind right now.

"No, just listen." She said sitting beside me.

"I think I heard enough." I said.

"Stop being so damn stubborn and listen Ray."

I sighed and looked over at her.

"There was a reason Nae popped up in your life and there is a reason Diggy is here. I was already unstable as it was and I'm probably even worse now, but that doesn't matter." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder.