Chapter 1

Chapter 1

 Under the cherry tree. It was so peaceful. Away from the people, away from the world. I was  at St. Michael cemetery to visit my dad. But I couldn’t. It was too painful. Instead I sat under the cherry tree a little beside it.

It was my fault. My father’s death, all my fault. Thinking  about the past events brought tears to my eyes. I buried my face in my

My father’s last words –

“Don’t cry Pie, Daddy will always be there for you. Be strong.”

I blinked in an attempt to make the tears disappear. I HAD to be strong.

A week before,I started to have visions. Visions about ordinary strangers. I would see them doing weird stuff. I saw two men fighting creatures that didn’t even exist. It made me think I was going mad.

Then, a few days back, a man came to me. He had yellow eyes. His name – Azazel. He told me that I was special. That I had powers & that I had a destiny to fulfill. He could even what Harry Potter would have termed it as – Apparate. Come and go as he liked.I was terrified. I ran away the first time I saw him but could never escape.

Scared and terrified, I used to go back to my house. I call it a house. Others, they call it a mansion.  My father owned one of the biggest firms in the world and now, I own it. Azazel came and told me to kill a person. He appeared before me so suddenly that I could do nothing. He touched my forehead  and an image of a man flashed through my brain. It was of the one I saw frequently in my visions. I refused.

He kept visiting me with and I denied everytime. Seeing my decision, he threatened to kill my father. He told me to think about it.

I didn’t know what to do. I went to my room and pondered on what to do. Finally, I went and told my dad everything. Surprisingly, he believed me. I thought that he would suggest a psychiatrist. But, he didn’t.

He took a deep breath and told me to that he would rather die than be the reason for the death of others. He told me to let Azazel kill him. Seeing my worried face, he told me that it was his last wish. I nodded & hugged him.

It seems that death isn’t not scary when it is an uncertainty but it turns into a deadly fear once you know how long you have left.

We stood hugging each other in silence for countless minutes. Azazel came exactly at midnight,. When he heard my decision, he killed my father. All the time, dad was looking at me. I saw peace in his eyes. He died smiling.

“Bad decision sweetheart” said Azazel and disappeared.

After that is a complete blur. All I remember is shouting for my butler. There was his funeral and everything else.

Now, my vision was blurry again. No I wouldn’t cry. I promised dad I’d be strong. I took a deep breath and stood up. I looked around me.

There were two men digging a grave a few yards away. These men. They looked familiar. I don’t know why but it was like I had seen them before. My brains stopped working. I kept staring at their faces. Finally, it hit me. The hit was more like a punch in my face. They were the same men I had seen in my visions. But that couldn’t be right. I had seen them dig a grave a few hours ago. If they were for real, then so were the demons and other creatures that they hunted down.

Apparently, they hadn’t seen me. I was well concealed by the tree. I didn’t know what to do. But whatever was going on, it took my dad away from me. I was filled with a new determination of knowing what was happening. So I walked towards them and decided to ask.