Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After calling Dean the last time, I had switched off my cell phone. Thinking of calling them again, I switched in on. Wow. I had ten messages. All of them were from Sam, Dean and Bobby. I smiled thinking that I still had people who cared for me. I called Bobby.

“What took you so long? You idgit! I’ve been worried sick. Next time you go somewhere, you tell me before going, will ya?” said Bobby.

“But I’m making progress,” I argued.

“So you have completed your research huh?”

“Nope, anyways, I’m fine no need to worry,” I said.

“So, whe-“

I ended the call abruptly and switched off my phone. I wasn’t that good at lying so better to end the call now than spill out my location and have them come over. I had to do this alone.

I replayed the same dream, over and over again in my mind. Maybe Samuel had left me a clue somewhere.

After a few more days without any progress, I felt myself losing my patience. Like I had failed. I wanted to scream out my frustrations but I couldn’t. It was probably best to not to draw any attention to myself. It was the only thing that my mind could think of. Other than that, my mind had gone completely blank.  But it didn’t matter though. It wasn’t as if the demons could enter the house. It was practically built on top of the seal that trapped a demon. So now, I’m thinking crap and my brain here, has ceased to function and I can safely say that I am officially insane. I’m muttering gibberish aren’t I? I took a deep breath. Calm down Zenna!

Not knowing what to do, I slowly went up to Samuel’s room.

I looked down at the mattress. Nothing made sense at all. I felt a surge of anger grip me. I blamed myself for everything. For Samuel’s death, for dad’s death. For everything. Why couldn’t I do anything right? Why was I so useless? Why couldn’t I remember what he had taught me?

I lifted the mattress and threw it on the ground.

“Stupid piece of-”.

Before I could finish my sentence, something shiny fell on the floor. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I just stood there gaping. It was the Coltiss! I picked it up and ran down to where the box was. Now I remember everything. To open the box, you needed the Coltiss. It was used to hold the mechanism of the lock in place while the lock was being picked. Only The Coltiss was strong enough to handle the pressure of the mechanism. I quickly got to work.

I opened the box. There was a piece of paper inside.

It read:

Haha! Fooled you Princess. I got you, didn’t I? If you are reading this then I must probably be dead and that you have the Coltiss. Now, I know you remember it clearly but I still want to tell you: remember the secret word and its meaning – vengeance.

 Just because you saw the box, doesn’t mean that that is the only possibility. Life is full of possibilities. All you need to do is open your mind to it.

I hope that you are living a very good life and that you will always remember your loving grandfather.

Yours truly,

Samuel Colt

PS. Use the Coltiss wisely.

I read the letter silently – twice. Tears blurred my vision. I folded the letter carefully and packed it away. Now is not the time to cry! I took a few deep breathes. I went Samuels workspace. It was a separate room with no furniture. Only windows on 3 sides. When I complained that the sun blinded me, he used to say “You will never know where you will have a fight. You need to be prepared for everything.”

It was a practice room for my training.

I went to the middle of the room.

“Vendetta!”

As in my dreams, the toothpick like Coltiss turned into a huge spear. I practiced with it until I got so tired that I couldn’t even stand. I sat there, thinking about my past, thinking about my life. Everything I took a deep breath and composed myself.

I had a meal and went to bed promising that tomorrow, I would return to Bobby’s.

~~||~~

~How is it going?? Leave comments below! I'd love to hear from you guys.

~Vote! 

~pAWSTA