My Secret Lover. (Xephna <3)

I look over at the handsome, muscular, smart blonde who was holding his head in confusion. He looked around to make sure Simon, Sips, or Sjin weren't around. They weren't. I put down the book and quill I was using to figure out a machine with on- going math equations, and whispered in his ear "You seem tense, love. What's wrong?" " This bloody machine blueprints are in Japanese." I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting my hands fall to his stomach. " You are the smartest man I know, I'm sure you can figure this out." He put his hand on mine and squeezed. I pointed to the word he was staring at and said "It means silk touch wrench." He turned his head and asked " How do you know that?" I smiled and said "I spent a year in Japan." " Oh, well thank you, dear." "I love to help." I walked back to the long and complicated equations and face palmed. "Of course!" Duncan looked at me and said "What Xeph?" I looked at him and said " String. It has all the goddamn components. Well, that's 3 hours of my life gone." Duncan laughed a bit and said "If your so good at Japanese, could you please help me with this?" I smiled and said Of course." I walked over to him and showed him what he needed to do. "You put the heavy duty alloy in the right hand corner and there's your goddamn machine. Bam!" I made it and he hooked it up to the power supply and we watched the machine light up. He squeezed my hand slightly and smiled. " Thanks Xeph." " No problem, love." I saw his eyes light up when I called him love. I looked over to the window and saw them all asleep in the dormitory. We entangled our fingers together and made our way there to rest. Before we did, we hugged longer than expected and walked inside. I took my journal out of the chest and began writing in it.

Dear journal,

I helped my love with a machine that had blueprints in Japanese. When it was finally made and working, when I called him love I could've sworn his eyes lit up. We hugged longer than expected, and I feel for him more and more each second. It felt like we didn't have any worries anymore. We weren't afraid that the others would find out, anything. We have each other and that's all I want. Just us to be happy. Is that so much to ask? I know Simon will try his hardest to keep us away so he can have his goddamn jaffas. He doesn't care if we're in love out not. He's just a hungry little dwarf.

He's never felt love. Only for food. Unfortunately, the one thing that food and my love have in common is you can't marry it. Legally. It makes me sad. I already know I want to spend the rest of my life with my love. Why can't I marry him? Life just isn't fair.

-Xephos

I look at the page and see my anger. I put it back in the chest and snuggle up to it like it's really Duncan. Even though it doesn't have the warmth, sent, or love of the actual man.

A/N--

I hope you like it! Leave a comment and favorite, thanks!

- Rachel

---------------