Chapter 9- Meet the Pack

Katie's POV

The next two days went by quickly enough. Andrew had to go back to his pack to get things in order. He still had a lot of things to do since he just became the Alpha. I felt bad for Lily though since she stayed her with me. I didn't like the feeling that I was keeping them away from each other.

Negotiations had been going on for the last two days between Kumori, Faded Shadow, and Skull Pack. So far we've managed to keep to a point that we aren't going to start a war. So long as borders aren't crossed it seems things will be okay for now. It all really depends upon how Andrew leads the Red River pack. If they become more peaceful like Andrew plans then things should go smoothly.

"I'm nervous about tonight" I say out loud

"It'll all be okay, babe" Lucas says as he leans over and kisses me.

It causes instant sparks between us. I don't think I'll ever get use to it. I thought mating would calm things down but I was very wrong. I couldn't even take a shower without feeling the pull to be around Lucas. He felt my need for him so much he broke the door to check on me.

I'm getting ready for the pack meeting right now. It's going to be heard in my back yard. I could already hear people arriving. Lily was already down there greeting everyone.

"Come on babe, you can't postpone this any longer. Just stick to what we have gone over and everything will be fine." Lucas says while pulling me in for a hug

We untangle a couple minutes later. Lucas chuckles grabbing my hand and pulling us out of the bedroom, down the stairs and out into the backyard. We are met with cheers all around. Its several long minutes of my pack congratulating Lucas and I for mating, before I pull away and call for everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. I'm glad that everyone could make it. As you all know I have met my mate Lucas and he have completed the mating process." I blush slightly as a few wolf whistles go off. I hold up my hands to silence them so I cam continue.

"I have decided that Lucas and I will both hold the title of Alpha over this pack. I want me mate to be equal to me. Lucas is a great man and I know you will all come to love him as I do. I know rumors have already spread about Kumori, Faded Shadow, and Skull packs all pulling the alliance with us; that is true. As off right now though there isn't any wars going to break out. Everyone needs to mind the borders though. Our pack has been banned from entering their land. The same goes for their pack entering our land. We will be upping the patrols to ensure our pack and lands stay safe. I'd like the fighters met me after this meeting is over." I sat back down and allowed Lucas to stand and make his speech.

"I know that many of you dislike me because I was pushing your pack to go to war with Red River when I was Alpha of that pack. My actions were inexcusable and I would like to show you that I am a great Alpha. Believe it or not but having Katie as my mate is helping to calm the wild war hungry side of me. I promise to be a fair and kind Alpha if you will allow me to be" Lucas said and then sat down

It was quiet for a moment then everyone started clapping and yelling. My pack, our pack was a great one. It had always been loyal to me and I knew they would follow Lucas just as loyally as well.

The meeting went on for a little while longer. A few minor issues where brought to my attention to be sorted out, nothing to lose sleep over.

All the pack except the fighters cleared out afterwards. Randy, Greg, Arnold, Josh, Drew, and Tyler were all my top fighters. I put them all in charge of there own border patrol groups. They'd each be making two runs around the border each, spaced out so they wouldn't get to tired or over worked.

After all matters were handled Lucas and I headed back to the house.

Lucas's POV

I could tell Katie was nervous about what we were about to do but she had to do it. We talked a lot about it over the last couple of days and figured it was our best option. We were going to have to go back and forth between hell so she could learn as much as possible about her Demon half. As much as I don't want to admit it, I don't know that much about demons. They keep to themselves mostly… well they leave werewolves alone at least. Humans get pestered by them all the time. What people think is ghosts are really just demons.

"Okay I think I'm ready" Katie says as she grabs my hands and takes a deep breath.

All of a sudden I feel a falling sensation and a flash of light. It's like you're falling and spinning in circles at the same time. Then you hit the ground hard.

"Ugh" I groan out looking up to Katie lying on top of me shaking her head.

"You okay?" she asks while picking herself up off of me

I nod my head at her. I look around noticing we aren't in the same place we went last time. This place was… odd. The sky was a deep dark purple/ blue, no clouds at all. The landscape was sort of nice looking. It was forest behind us and just a little in front of us it looked like there was a town of sorts.

"Do you think we should go back home now?" Katie asks. I could feel her curiosity though as she glanced towards the town.

I gave her a small smile "Let's go check out the town first"

________________________________________

Sorry it's short I'm setting it all up for the next chapters!