Chapter 5- You're Going To Live With Me Now?!

Lucas's POV

I felt my Alpha power leave me; it felt like someone had stolen a piece of my soul. The link to the Red River Pack has been severed now... Once an Alpha steps down he is no longer in the pack.

I was always meant to be an Alpha; the position of Alpha had been passed down to the first born son of my family since Red River Pack began. Andrew, well Alpha Andrew now is going to have one hell of a time handling my father. He has always been the one that pushed me into wars with other packs.

I glanced down at Katie; she was looking at me like I had completely lost my mind. Well maybe I have... But I never would have been able to put my pack before my mate.

I watched as Katie shifted back into her human form.

Katie's POV

I could feel all eyes on me as I shifted back into human form. It's not the first time I’ve been naked in front of other wolves. But at least it's usually only my pack, never other packs.

I didn't mind the way Lucas's eyes were scanning every inch of my body. After what he just did so we can be together he deserves a treat. I really need to get my thoughts on track here! But damn the way he's looking at me is driving my wolf insane.

I mentally send a message to Haley a female in my pack to get me something to cover up with. She takes off running into my house and comes back out a second later with a towel she grabbed out of the bathroom.

"Thank you Haley" I say taking the towel from her and wrapping it around my body.

That seemed to break the quiet spell everyone had been in since Lucas announced he wasn't Alpha any more.

"Lucas are you aware you no longer have a pack?" the Alpha of the Ookawa Pack asks

Lucas glances at me quickly before answering "I am well aware of the position I now hold, I am a lone wolf until I am accepted into a pack"

I step up closer to Lucas and he wraps an arm around my waist. I'm not sure if it's more to comfort him or me. I can tell stepping down from being Alpha was a hard thing for him to do. Hell I’m not even sure if I could...

Andrew speaks up and says "Lucas is welcome to stay with the Red River Pack as long as he wants. I won't be kicking him out just for stepping down."

Lucas gives Andrew a smile nod as thanks.

My wolf starts howling at me not liking the idea of Lucas leaving us. I shake my head a little trying to get her to calm down. *"I'm not sure if I even want him near my pack"* I tell my demon wolf but she is determined to get her way. She starts trying to take over... I'm not sure how long I had been struggling with trying to keep control. But it was obviously long enough for the others to notice something was wrong with me. I had my eyes closed, jaw clenched tight, and had started to shake from the struggle. I could her Lucas and the other Alphas trying to talk to me but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

**"OKAY!!"** I mentally scream at my demon wolf. She automatically calms dawn and doesn't make a sound.

I open my eyes to a pair of dark blue eyes filled with worry; Lucas’s eyes. He was only a couple inches away from my face. I glanced down at his lips. They were just so tempting that I licked my lips remembering the feel of them on mine. I heard a low growl and looked back into Lucas's eyes that were now filled with lust.

Someone coughed and I looked around to see people had moved in closer around me. They must have gotten closer when I was struggling for control. A blush spread across my checks and I pulled back a little ways from Lucas.