Chapter 6 Lisa POV

Lisa's POV-

I watched Halo as she lay in fetal position on her bed. Emily must have hurt her badly. There was sand and blood all over the floor, and she hadn't bothered to putting any clothing on. She was alone and had no one to hold her. I mean, I was her only friend at this point. I wouldn't be her friend for long though. I'd seen her leave yesterday morning at 3am. I had to tell someone, so I told Jace, but then he told Hollyn and Hollyn told Mr. Roman, and all hell broke loose.

I couldn't believe that Lo let a monster into her heart so easily. Emily must have hated her even more now. I never really knew why Emily hated her so much in the first place. Galvin said that Ms. Roman told him, and Trisha that Halo was special. She wasn't really like the rest of the pack.

I know that there are secrets in every family, but this secret was setting ruin to someone I loved. On top of all the hurt she felt that day, I was about to make it even worse.

Walking over to her slowly and making sure I was welcomed; I kneeled down and looked her in the eyes. She looked up at me with her beautiful green eyes and forced a smile. I knew she would still smile and try to make things seem better than they were. She then started to cry a little and I quickly wiped her tears.

With her soft voice she finally spoke. "I really did it this time huh Lisa?"

I shook my head no and started to cry as well. I stayed behind when the pack had discovered Halo. I wasn't able to see how badly she had been hurt. I felt like I let her down, and I would never forgive myself for that.

I ran her some bath water and made sure the water was just right. I didn't know how I was going to break the news to her, but I was going to do it. I sat on the countertop while she eased into the bath water. She had bruises on her arms and her eyes were puffy from crying. There were scratches underneath her breast area and alongside her ribs. There were also long scratch marks in her inner thighs. I turned my head as she caught me staring in shock.

I hated them for treating her like this. In human form she was defenseless, so why hit her? Something just wasn't sitting right in my heart. Halo is the nicest and purest person I know. How in the world could someone treat her like this? Someone was lying and I had to find out who it could be.

I just didn't have the heart to tell her that I told them she left to meet Julian. I told them everything she told me. I even told them that she was in love with him. They knew everything now, and it was all because of me. I was only trying to protect her from being hurt. I thought that this was just a phase and it would pass. Turns out she really did love him and was risking it all for him.

While looking down at my hands I proceed to tell her what I'd done.

"Lo, you know I love you right?" I said

She frowned and closed her eyes and begin to cover her face with her hands as she sat in the bathtub.

"Tell me it's not true; please tell me you didn't do what I think you did?" Her voice cracked and she cried as she asked.

"Lo, I'm--- I was just trying to protect you from yourself."

She stared at me intensely, and I knew in that moment I had broken her heart.

"Leave Lisa, just get the hell out," she cried.

I quickly went over to her and forced a hug. She pushed me and punched me, but I still held her tightly. She was so weak, and I knew it, but I still held her. Her arms fell to her sides and she laid her head on me, crying loudly.

Resting in her bed she was finally asleep, she looked so peaceful. I loved my friend, and I hoped that she would forgive me one day. I just had to know what was going on in this pack. I just wanted to know what the Romans' where trying to hide if anything. I thought I might as well start with the source. Halo.