Chapter 9 - Lisa's POV

When it was over, I walked out past Galvin feeling blank. I felt like I had no one that I could trust. Galvin was one of the people I'd always trusted in. Now he was just forced to rape me in front of his father. The shame he must have felt. And there I was again, thinking of someone beside myself. What about the pain I felt, what about my body and how it was just taken?

My crying could be heard from a mile away as I sat in my car. I couldn't bring myself to pull away. I could feel my body jerk as I rocked back and forth, replaying the events in my mind. I had completely started to go mad in my vehicle. I started punching the dashboard, and ripping the sunroof cover off. I got out of the car and started kicking and clawing the paint off. There were streaks of blood on the windows of my car while I continued to pound and kick on it. I finally reached the front of the car and jumped on the hood, breaking the windows.

I was mentally exhausted and passed out on the hood of the car, crying, and alone. I wasn't sure how much time had passed by, but I felt the cold creeping in through the wind and light drops of rain. I sat up to see that a storm was coming. The sky was lite by lighting dancing across the sky, white and sharp. The thunder sounded so loud, it seemed to mirror the rage I felt inside.

I then felt a hand on my back, and it was from a familiar place. I felt the hand grab my hair and remove it from me face. My back was still turned, but I knew who it was. I wasn't upset with him. I was hurt by him, and I needed him to be stronger. I needed him to be the friend he had always been.

"Lisa, I can't tell you how sorry I am. There was nothing I could do," Said Galvin.

He sounded so sincere. Even his touch held great sorrow, his shaking hands and emotional voice. I didn't need to turn around to see how he looked. I didn't need to make sure his word held truth. I could close my eye and see his eyes. I fell in love with those beautiful eyes as a child. Galvin was, for the most part, all that I knew.

I held back tears and rage as I spoke to him. He begged me to turn around and look at him. He wanted to see the look in my eyes. I just couldn't do it. He jumped on top of the car and faced me. I continued to look down and cry. He then placed both of his hands on the sides of my face, and gently lifted my face to meet his face. We both cried and looked into each other's eyes.

"Galvin, I don't know what to say, I was so scared. I don't know what your father has become. He just -" I said.

I couldn't finish my sentence. Galvin placed his hand over my lips. He looked into my eyes for a while and smiled deeply.

He leaned over and kissed me passionately. I didn't know how to process what had just happened. I was strangely drawn to him after the kiss. It was like a wicked desire I had to kiss him back. It just felt so wrong. So, I pushed myself away and looked around to make sure no one was looking.

"Where is your mate Galvin?" I said, and then quickly covered my mouth to stop him from kissing me again.

Things had indeed gone completely left. I was way out of line and so was he. I guess it was a natural thing. We'd played lovers for so long, something real must have transpired.

But nothing shocked me more than Galvin's next few words.

"I don't have a mate," he said.

I stared at him wide eyed and shaken.

"What do you mean you don't have a mate? What happened to her? What the fuck is going on?" I Screamed.

I stood to my feet, pushing him off me. He had a very tortured look on his face.

"It's complicated Lisa" he said, with a high level of annoyance in his voice.

"What did he mean, "Complicated"? Was he trying to get back with me?" I thought to myself.