Chapter 1 : A rising star

Author's note: Asalaamu alaikum everyone, just wanted to say Eid Mubarak in advance, I hope you guys have made the most of Ramadan and have a great Eid, and please pray your salah if you haven't already. As today is the last day of Ramadan, make the most of it! Enjoy this new chapter!

This virtual realm, Fantasia Kingdom Online, is a world full of fantasy and adventure. However, it is unique from other MMORPGs. Although some people played for fun, others played for the money. Money in Fantasia Kingdom Online is in the form of gold and can be earned by doing many tasks and quests. This money can be exchanged for real money, such as British pounds, US Dollars, you name it. FKO isn't an ordinary game.

As soon as I logged in I checked on my avatar, a female knight, named 'Erza_Scarlet' and equipped her with the dual blades 'Blazing Photons', which I had obtained from a previous high ranked quest. In this game there are different classes of avatars, like knights, rogues, clerics, mages, and so on. I then messaged Layla to let her know I was online.

It's so cool that we can meet with each other like this, isn't it amazing how much humanity has advanced, I mean a couple of centuries ago people weren't able to talk to each other from different parts of the world, but know we can, even with video links! But no matter how much we advance, there are still so many mysteries remaining out there, for example, the Malaysian plane that went missing. Even in todays age, with the most advanced technology, it could not be located, this shows us that we have limited knowledge, and that Allah is the most wise and all knowing.

'What quests should I do today?', I wondered as I scrolled through the various quests. First, let me explain the concept of quests in this game. They ranged from obtaining items to defeating bosses of different levels, such as the Chimera of the Ice Dungeon. Quests are ranked depending on their difficulty, from Grade D, the easiest quests to Grade SS the most difficult, Each grade is subdivided, and ranked by difficulty using asterisks. For example, a quest graded B*** is much more difficult than a quest graded B**.

Currently, the most difficult quest, ranked SS* is to defeat one of the sentinels ('The Enchantress') of the main antagonist of the game ('The Tyrant'). It is so difficult that not even the top ten players, including me, Nusaybah and Layla could not defeat it. It is a solo quest, so players can't team up and defeat it together.

Usually to defeat enemies of average ranks, you just have to level up your avatar, however, for the bosses, like the enchantress, you need brains as well as brawns, you need a strategy. You need to think about the formation of your fighters (in the game, you can buy computer controlled characters to help you fight in the game), what weapon to use, and sometimes, you have to beat the boss at their own game.

'Do you have any strategies in mind?' Layla asked me. I had run out of ideas, how many strategies had I come up with? I can't even enumerate them. 'Nope.' I replied.

Looking out the window, which is what I do when I want to think, I used all my brain power to try and come up with another strategy. During this time, I noticed the sky became darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night. The darkening sky made me realise that it was time to pray for Maghrib. 'See you later L gotta pray' I messaged Layla, who stated that she would go to pray as well.

I scrambled off my bed and performed wudhu (ablution), then I started praying. It felt so serene, like there was nothing to worry about, that I could leave all my worries to Allah. Then I made dua for myself, my family, my friends and the Ummah. My Dad came home from work and then I helped him carry the hefty shopping bags out of the navy blue car.

Suddenly, a deafening roar had erupted. Immediately, I scurried to my room and gazed out the cold glass to see the sky was as black as ebony. Dark and heavy laden clouds loomed above, heralded by claws of light tearing through the dark veil of the sky and the rumbling thunderclaps.