Prologue- The Beginning and The End

As one journeys through life they experience many things. These experiences shape people. But there is no need to be afraid as long as you have faith in Allah, because when you are going through hardship, Allah will either teach you how to fly, or catch you when you fall.

My name is Nuzhat Ahmed, currently 16 years of age. From my past I have discovered not everyone can be trusted. It is what Allah willed. You may be surprised, but I am grateful for it, for it has made me able to endure betrayal, it has made me a stronger person, one who can control their emotions. But only make friends with those who I trust, after all, is it not better to have a few pounds than a hundred pennies?

People don't know much about me, they don't need to know. They'll just continue making rumours about me. Only my few select know my true self. The truth is, I love video-games. I'm what people would call a gamer, a Muslim gamer girl to be exact. It all started because of my older brother. You see, inevitably I began to play video games with him, from Street Fighter to Xenoblade Chronicles. To this day I still play, and recently I have started playing 'Fantasia Kingdom Online' the most popular game online which is played by people globally. At first, I was just one of those players nobody knew about, one of the millions of existing players. Before I knew it, I became the best player. I didn't intend for this to happen, it just happened. In the virtual world of Fantasia Kingdom Online, I am known as the 'Queen of Fantasia', but I don't like that nickname, it makes me feel all high and mighty, when I am just a weak human being.

Enough about me, I have to go to school! I gave my salaams to my parents and rushed out the door. Today was the day of my final exam. Obviously I was nervous, but I kept calm and put my faith in Allah, whatever happens, I know he will give what is best for me.

After I arrived I was bombarded by Layla and Nusaybah, my best friends. "W-wait, let me breathe!" I stammered as I was being choked to death.

"Sorry!" They both chorused.

"Are you ready for the exam?" Layla requests.

"I thi-" I started to reply when Nusaybah interjects:

"Of course she is, she's gonna get an A**, isn't it smarty pants?"

I chuckled and replied "In Shaa Allah, and In Shaa Allah you guys will do great as well!" smiles lit up their faces, and soon after we heard a teacher squawking at us to come into the exam hall.

We marched into the deadly silent exam hall and took our seats. The tension in the atmosphere was so thick that it could be cut with a knife! As the clock ticked away, I recited the Dua for knowledge: ' Oh My Lord! Increase me in Knowledge.' I then quickly supplicated to Allah 'Oh my Lord! Verily nothing is easy unless you make it easy, so please make this exam easy for me.'

It was time. 2 hours from now, I will be finished with all my exams, I will be free! 'Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.' I whispered to myself as I turned the page over.

After the exam had finished all the students rushed out into the playground cloaked in sunlight. I met up with Nusaybah and Layla. "How did you guys find it?' I asked them. 'It was actually alright." Layla responded.

"But what did you get for that last question?" Nusaybah requested.

"That probability question? I got 1/184 or something like that." I answered.

"Me too!' Nusaybah squealed as she crushed me into a hug.

"Me three!" Layla proclaimed as she dived into the group hug. I felt like those footballers who score a goal and all their team mates jump on them like there's no tomorrow!

''Alhamdulillah, that's great! I have to go now, otherwise my Mum will get worried, meet you guys on FKO?" I asked with anticipation.

'Yeah!' Layla blurted out.

'Sorry guys, I can't come online today, I have to go to my cousin's wedding, so I'm going to be really busy.' Nusaybah admitted.

'Aww man! Well, tell your cousin we said hi.' Layla stated.

"Don't worry about it Nusaybah, we three can still meet up after In Shaa Allah." I replied.

"Thanks for understanding , and yeah, I'll tell her L." stated.

'L' was Layla's nickname. We called her that because she loved sweets, like 'L' from the anime Death note.

"See you guys later!? I called out as I waved goodbye and left for home.

As I entered my house, the delicious scent of dinner permeated the atmosphere.

"As-salamu alaikum, how was the exam dear?" My mother asked as she checked the biryani.

"Walaykum salaam, Alhamdulillah, it was alright, some questions were easy and some were hard, but I managed to answer all the questions." I replied.

"Alhamdulillah!'' My mother exclaimed proudly and kissed my forehead.

"Jazak'Allah Khair. Do you need any help with the chores?" I asked.

''No there isn't much to do today, you can have your dinner, I will call your father and tell him about your exam.'' My mother replied.

"Oh OK." I responded as I sat down and tucked into the aromatic food. I then turned the tap on. As it gurgled into life the water gushed out like a bubbling brook. I watched the iridescent bubbles form on my plate as I washed it and then made my way up to my room.

No more exams, no more studying, no more stress! I sprawled onto my bed and savoured the stress free moment. I basked in the warm sunlight as it embraced me. After, I reached out for my laptop and logged in to my account on Fantasia Kingdom Online.

Let the fun begin.