Chapter Twenty-Nine | Part One

*This will be in several parts! This chapter is a mash-up of a lot of different POVs from characters we never see! I just wanted to give insight to their life outside of what Letha and Blade know! Comment if you enjoyed this style of chapter!*

•Dmitri•

2,500 miles later and I've finally crossed over the Las Vegas border.

Nearly 48 hours stuck with Talia's yammering and constant escape attempts is enough to drive a man to insanity.

How anyone manages to put up with the bitch amazes me.

I would have flown here, but knowing my unwilling passenger, she would have made a scene in the airport, and I don't have enough influence to convince people to forget what they saw.

So instead, I strapped her into the passenger seat and took us on a nearly two day excursion to retrieve my escaped kitten.

Funny how she thought she could leave me and I wouldn't be able to find her. It's almost as if she doesn't know me at all.

"She'll never want you, you know that right, asshole?" While on the privacy of the desert roads, I had expertly applied duct tape over her cherry red lips to keep her silent, but now that we're back in civilization, I had to remove it, hence her repeated barrage of attempted insults.

I simply smirk and lean back in my leather seat while continuing to drive down the Strip, the lights of the city casting a glow all around us.

If my business wasn't booming back in Florida, I might consider moving Letha and I both out here.

But, with the constant flow of girls coming onto the Florida shore, my business would plummet if I moved into the middle of the desert.

Plus, that wretched little boy my pet is fucking is here.

Not for much longer.

"I'm going to fucking kill you." I laugh loudly at her threats on my life.

This time I respond. "You wouldn't even get the chance to kill me, little girl. You'll be gone long before that time comes." My hands grip the black steering wheel tighter as I pull into a parking garage and begin my descent down into its dark depths.

Talia's reflection is shown within the windshield and I can see the horror at what I've revealed.

Finally, she's silent.

That is, until we come up on the security for the hotel.

I roll my window down and can't even get one word out before Talia is unbuckling and throwing her shapely body over my lap to attempt to get out.

"Help me! Please you have to help me. He's kidnapped me and he's going to kill me!" Her hands grasp at the window while her knee digs into my cock.