Chapter Twenty-One

*IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
New Update Schedule: Monday's and Thursday's!
THIS STORY IS NOT COMPLETED
Sorry I've been gone but my husband and I were enjoying our vacation. I had posted a status on my page but I'm not sure more than the one person who commented saw it.
By the way, every day I still get people add this story to their reading list titled 'Werewolves'. In the description of this book, I clearly state this is not a book about werewolves. I just don't understand why I keep getting messages asking about the club turning into wolves or whatnot.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy!!*

•Letha•

I wake up to a dark room and see Blade has pulled thick, black darkening curtains over the large windows in his room.

I also see he is no where to be found.

My heart clenches in pain when my hand finds the cold satin sheets behind me where his warmth should he radiating towards me.

I can't stay in bed forever, so I step out of the cozy blankets and onto the hardwood floor, finding a set a clothes laid out on the edge of the mattress for me.

They look brand new, but the sizing is wrong and the jeans will be a little more snug than I prefer.

Regardless, I step into them, deciding it would be more appropriate to wear these clothes instead of Blade's tee shirt and boxers.

After making myself as presentable as possible, I collapse back onto the bed, my hair fanning out around my head.

I scrub my hands down my face in frustration, thinking about what is to come.

Dmitri and Talia sounded like they were driving when we spoke earlier.

Presumably, they were heading to the airport this morning and if so, they should be here in Vegas by now.

But, if Dmitri wanted to bypass airport security, then they probably are still driving here.

My conclusion is leaning more towards the latter, knowing that Talia would fight back in a public place such as an airport. Dmitri could have threatened to kill her whole family if she didn't stay quiet, but she would still scream for her life if people who could help her were around.

So, if they're still driving, I assume they'll be here within the next couple of days - that is, if they make stops.

Dmitri is so fucking crazy, I wouldn't put it past him to drive straight across the country with no breaks, putting them here late tonight or tomorrow.

I see my phone on the nightstand and grab it, my brows creasing and my lips turning downwards at the shattered glass, knowing I cannot afford to get another phone just yet. Maybe with another five days or work I could.

If Blade will even let me work at the club anymore. With all of this going on, I'm betting on him holding me hostage himself, so he can keep an eye on me.