Chapter Eighteen

*This is short and contains mild triggers. Sorry for the lack of update yesterday, I was doing a lot of house cleaning and helping my husband pack for a field op and didn't have time to proofread this chapter before publishing. Hope you enjoy!*

 Hope you enjoy!*

•Letha•

Morning comes and I'm transported back to my first day of freedom after leaving Dmitri.

My head is pounding and I can feel the after affects of whatever drug I was given to sleep coursing through my system.

I sit up in the unfamiliar bed in the unfamiliar room, rubbing my head to remove the ache and see Blade perched on a sofa next to the bed, his arms crossed over his chest and his head falling backwards.

He's asleep and I feel bad that he stayed in that position for heaven knows how long instead of crawling into bed with me.

But I'm also thankful he has given me space.

His hair is disheveled - almost as if he had been running his fingers through his tawny locks all night before finally crashing.

He's dressed solely in his jeans - his other clothes thrown around the room in various places.

I blink my eyes to remove the sleep from them and turn to search for my phone.

It's on the nightstand next to a full glass of water and a little tin containing a small blue pill and a note that says Take This.

Forgoing the use of more drugs, I grab the glass of water and finish it off, taking my phone and turning the screen on.

Several notifications pop up, but only one matters.

Talia: We need to talk. It's urgent.

I see that the message was sent at three am and worry something terrible has happened.

My heart begins to race as I run through every possible worst case scenario there is.

Flipping the satiny sheets off my body, I roll out of bed and touch my bare feet to the cool hard wood flooring.

A stack of folded, clean clothes sits on a chair in the corner and I grab a long tee shirt and slip it over my head along with a pair of boxer shorts.

I look over my shoulder to see Blade still sleeping soundly, releasing soft snores every few seconds.

I tip-toe to the door and open it, sneaking my way down the quiet hallway.

It's early morning and no one is awake yet. The sun isn't even up for the day.

People are passed out in various locations and I have to step around a couple who've fallen asleep in a compromising position near the stairs.

When I come down to the first floor, I see Ryder laying face down on the pool table, his naked ass out in the open with two women cuddled up to each of his sides.