Chapter Two ~Part One~ 117

Gif and music to the side! External link 0:00-0:33 is a little of what goes down in this chapter. Please leave a comment on what you think and vote!

117

~Asher~

We dropped Malia and Kira off at their houses. I was in the back of Stiles jeep with unconscious Derek Hale next to me.

“Alright were here. Everyone out.” Stiles said. Scott and Stiles grab Derek and start dragging him to the animal clinic. At least that what the sign read, ‘Beacon Hills Animal Clinic’.

We all rushed in side. We ran and laid Derek on the steel table in the middle of the room. “Wow.” The vet said. “Wow? Wow as in, “I’ve seen this before and I know exactly what to do,” kind of wow? ‘Cause that the kind of wow we’re looking for.” Stiles said really fast. “Stiles I think you might be overestimating my abilities.” The vet said.

“I’m so confused.” I whisper. “Shut up and let the grown-ups talk, please. Thank you.” Stiles said to me. “I will-” I started pointing at him and walking closer until Lydia said, “He’s cold. Really cold.” She had Derek’s hand in hers. She looked at the vet.

 “Do you think this is permanent?” Scott asked. “What’s permanent? What’s going on?” I asked wanting answers. “I’m not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience.” The vet said. They all ignored my question.

 “So what do we do with him?” Stiles asked. I sighed. “Until he wakes up?” The vet questioned, “Probably not much. It might be best if you leave him here with me. He’ll be safe here.” “You mean from Kate.” Stiles said.

“Whoa, hold up. Kate Argent? I thought she was dead.” I said, but yet was still ignored. “If she’s alive and she is what you say she is, she won’t be able to walk past that gate.” The vet said, and I didn’t even bother to ask this time.

“Why would she want to do this to him?” Lydia asked. “Knowing Kate, it probably for a reason that won’t be any good to anyone but her.” The vet said. “And bad for everyone else.” Stiles stated. “Duh.” I said as I looked at Stiles. He scoffed.

Just Then I noticed they all looked exhausted. “You guys should probably go home. Get some sleep.” I suggested. “She’s right. Go get some sleep. It is a school night… and all of you need to start taking care of your own lives again.” The vet said. “Someone should stay with you.” Scott suggested.

 “I’ll stay.” Lydia and I said at the same time. We looked at each other. “It’s alright I’ll stay, go get some sleep.” I said to her grabbing her shoulder. “You sure?” she asked. “Yes. Plus I have nowhere else to go for tonight. I haven’t exactly put together living arrangements here in Beacon Hills yet.” I smiled at her. She smiled back.

“I’m so not okay with this.” Stiles said. “Guys, go.” I said. “No.” Stiles said. Scott and I exchanged our phones; me giving him my phone number and him giving me his.

  “Text us if anything happens.” I replied with ‘k’.

 “Nope, still not okay with it.” Stiles said. Scott grabbed Stiles arm “Not going anywhere,” Scott started dragging Stiles while Lydia trailed behind. “Alright, just ‘cause you stronger…” Stiles voice faded out.

“I’m Asher by the way.” I told the vet. “Dr. Deaton.” He told me. “Nice to meet you. So what’s going on with Derek and how is Kate Argent alive and how did she get out of her grave if she was six feet under?” I asked.

 “You don’t waste any time do you.” Deaton laughed lightly, “I don’t know much but I do know that Kate is back and she’s not just a hunter now.” “Then what is she?” I asked. “They’ve been calling here a were jaguar. And as for Derek, it looks like he’s been aged backwards.”