11. i can't help it

Thanks again to my good friend Alexa for editing!!! <3

Harry

"Harry!? Malfoy!?" The boys whipped their heads around to see Ron looking at them in shock. 

"So you're sure nothing's in my eye then, Harry?" Draco said, giving Harry a look. Harry paused for a moment and then realization appeared on his face.

"Uh right, yes I'm sure, Draco. Your eye is clean...and free of...things..." Harry mentally punched himself  for his inability to remain cool and collected like Draco. 

"Right. See you... uh, back at the table..." Draco walked past Ron and out the washroom without looking back.

"You wanna explain to me what that was about?" Ron asked, slightly slurring his words.

"Like Draco said... he thought there was something in his-" Harry tried to respond but Ron cut him off.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Harry! I'm your best friend. I've known you for 8 years. You think I haven't noticed something's been going on? When I ask again I don't want you to lie to me. What was that about?" 

"I don't know!" Harry said abruptly. "I... don't... I don't know. I- I can't explain it... It's just I..." He trailed off. He had no idea what he was feeling, let alone any idea of how to explain it to Ron.

"-Like him?" Ron finished for him, "Malfoy, Harry? Really? I mean, you really know how to pick them. First, my sister. Then, the person who made our lives hell for 7 years. Nice job!"

"I can't help it, Ron! It's not something that you can just flip in your mind. It's subconscious! I can't control how I feel about someone!"

"What do you even see in the git!?"

"I don't know! He- he treats me like I'm-like I'm... I don't know... like I'm not broken..." This is such a hard conversation to have while drunk, Harry decided. 

"What does that even mean?" 

"Everyone looks at me with these sad eyes... like they feel sorry for me. And, I understand why... but I hate it. Draco just- he just... looks at me. And the way he looks at me... I don't have words for how it makes me feel. I don't, okay? I can't put into words, why him, but... I really like him, Ron... I-I'm sorry. It's just how I feel." Ron was quiet for a long time just staring at Harry. 

"Ron? Can you say something?" Harry felt like he was about to cry.

"We should get back to the booth. Everyone's probably wondering where we are." 

"Ron-"

"I'm too drunk for this right now, Harry. We'll talk tomorrow." And Ron went back to the booth. Harry swallowed his need to cry and followed him. 

.

.

.

.

The  next day Harry woke up with one of the worst hangovers of his entire life and there was a good chunk of the night before missing. 

Shit, Harry realized, shit shit shit. He almost kissed Draco! And... Ron saw. Shit.

His head was pounding and he felt severely nauseous... how much did he drink last night? He looked over to Ron's bed and didn't see him lying there.

Harry made his way downstairs and was immediately greeted by Hermione. 

"What's up 'Mione?" Harry questioned, rubbing his eyes from the blinding light of the common room.

"Firstly, I have this for you, figured you'd need it." She said, handing him a hangover potion. Harry sighed in relief and downed it quickly. "Secondly, I want to talk to you about last night." Harry's face heated up and instantly felt worry take over his body. 

"Er...what-what about last night? We were all drunk..." Harry started.

"Right... but I wanted to talk to you about Draco." Harry's heart fell into his stomach. Had Ron told her?

"What about... Draco?"

"Harry... You- I mean... do you not remember what happened last night?" She looked at him distraughtly. 

"What-what do you mean? I...the last thing I really remember was coming back from the toilet with Ron..."

"Harry that was hours before we left the pub... you really don't remember anything after that?"

"Everything's...just a bit fuzzy..."

"Well, I suppose 7 shots of Firewhiskey will do that to you." Hermione sent him a disapproving look.

"7 shots!? What the hell was I thinking?" He said, mostly to himself. 

"Well, that's what all of us were wondering as well. I suppose it had something to do with whatever you and Ronald talked about in the washroom." She looked at him pointedly. 

"You mean he didn't tell you?" Harry asked.

"No. I, of course, asked him. But, he told me that it was your place to tell me if you wanted to." 

"Oh... I see." They stood there staring at each other awkwardly. 

"I take it you're not going to tell me?"

"Will you tell me what I can't remember if I do?"

"That's something you're going to have to ask Draco..." Harry swallowed hard. 

"What do you mean?" Harry said.  Hermione said nothing. "Hermione?"

"Like I said, ask Draco. I doubt he would forget." Harry didn't know if it was the hangover or what, but he swore he saw a flicker of a smirk when Hermione said that. Of course, that could have been his own paranoia. 

"I'll tell you eventually..." Harry finally said. Hermione paused for a moment.

"I can live with that." She said. She kissed him on the cheek, handed him an extra hangover potion, and left the common room.

What the hell had he done last night?

.

.

.

.

This was so fun to write! I hope you like it! I'm making my next few chapters sort of short, so forgive me for that.