✿ six

[6 days before Valentines]

« Kang Soojin's POV

Should I do it? Should I ask him now? But he slept as soon as he landed his butt in the car, how am I supposed to communicate with this nincompoop right now?

"Gieon...gieon..pigeon," I shook him, "Euigeon...Kang Euigeon." That was the last straw.

"YOU BIRD BRAIN, REPLY WHEN I CALL YOUR NAME, WILL YOU?"

"I WANT SLEEP, SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH PANINI HEAD." He groaned and snuggled closer to the cat plushies.

"You slept last night

"You slept last night."

"Did not."

"Did too, I heard your loud ass snores."

"There's no rules that says you can only sleep for 9 hours." He rolled another way, turning his back against me.

"Oh come on, pigeon, help your sister out." I tugged on his arm.

"Stop calling me that."

"Euigeon?"

"No."

"Dan?"

"No."

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Alright, this is my last card.

"...Oppa?" I raised my pitch a little higher for a cuter effect.

Daniel cringed and threw one of his plushies at me, "Jesus, I got goosebumps, don't do that again, it's creepy. Now, what's your problem?"

"Is there someone among your friends who likes me? Specifically the ones that begin with 'J'. I asked him in the most straightforward way possible.

Daniel froze before starting to crack up. "I'm sorry but are you sick? Did you hit your head? Ate any expired food lately?"

"Just answer me."

"Why would you think my friends would have interest on an egghead like you? Wake up kid, you're daydreaming." He joked, patting my head.

——

God, that pigeon is sure annoying. I hope he embarrasses himself on his very first date. Rip his pants in public, break plates at a restaurant, spills sauce on his clothes, gets rejected for a kiss, anything, just anything!

"Soojinnieee."

I moved my vision from the ground to the source of the voice, and saw Daewhi right in front of me.

"Looking for Daniel? He went that way." I pointed the direction with my fingers.

"No, no, no. You are the one I'm looking for!" He linked his arms with me.

I pointed at myself, "Me?" He nodded.

"But we're not even close-"

"THAT'S WHy we're gonna hang out and eat some bread, and get closer!" He raised his voice and swiftly turned me the other way around, as if hiding something away from my sight.

"Daehwi, you're acting like Guanine."

"Who?"

"Guanlin. He was being secretive and suspicious yesterday, just like how you are right now."

Daehwi gave me a look of betrayal, and removed his arms away from mine.

"Fine, fine, If you don't wanna hangout with me, just say it. You didn't have to compare me to that 183 cm guy with no brains, and just looks." Daehwi held a solemn look.

"Dae-"

"I'm sorry, but Daewhi can't come to the phone right now."

"But you're-"

"Why? Oh, cause he's dead." He cut my words once again, before spinning the other way, heading somewhere else.

"Jesus Christ he didn't even let me speak a full sentence. What kind of friends does Daniel even hangout with?" I spoke to myself while punching in the locker code.

"Hey, Gayoung, do you remember that guy who was trying to put gifts inside Soojin's locker yesterday?" I overheard a small conversation between my classmates and stopped whatever I was doing.

"Of course! The poor guy was panicking, and he kept looking around incase someone saw him. I did though."

Bingo! She saw him!

"Hey, guys." I held onto one of the girls' arm, stopping both of them.

"You..saw the guy who left me presents yesterday right?"

They both nodded.

"Can you tell-"

"Gayoung! Chaewon! We're gonna be late for the meeting!" A voice down the hallway called out for the 2 girls.

"Sorry, we gotta go." I watched them walk off and head into a classroom.

Guess I lost my chance again..

I had the urge to add in a photo of Daniel hugging his soft lil kitties :D

I was in a dilemma between him with the seal plush or the cat plushies, but went with the kitties because they were cuter.