01

LUKE'S POV

(2031 *17 YEARS LATER*)

-

The constant beep of my alarm clock woke me, once again I was used to waking up to that.

I was so used to Gwen not waking me up nowadays, and I don't know what honestly happened. I think I just missed the thrill of being in a band. Apparently, Five Seconds of Summer was ruined, after Gwen had Sarah, both of us being seventeen, and then came Bryan two years later. I basically threw everything away, just to be with her. Now.. I didn't regret anything, of course I didn't. I just wished I could have my career back.

"Luke, I left breakfast downstairs! And when you're done, could you please drop the kids to school, they missed the bus."

Just right when I was about to respond, my phone buzzed as I look at the new text message.

Oi! Come over and play some fifa mate. you've been missing in action.. - Cal

I chuckled, texting back.

Yeah, I'll be there in a few - Luke

Sighing, I went downstairs in my boxers, not really caring.

"Ew dad, would you put some clothes on?!" Sarah dramatically spoke, closing her eyes. God, teenagers. She's seventeen, and hormonal.

But I sure wish I was still a teenager. Those were definitely the days.

"Yeah, go on and do just that." Gwen spoke nonchalantly, looking away. Did she seriously not remember how much she actually loved to see me shirtless back then? Wow, nothing was ever the same until we hit the thirties. Now, we were thirty four.

I sighed.

Oh wait, I remember now. We were getting a divorce.

"And when are you moving out by the way?" She asks me. My own wife, asks me that. "Because I actually need you here for a few more days, to help pay the electricity bills, the water bills, the--"

"Yeah, bills. And I can't stay, Calum has an emergency." I mumbled.

Gwen frowned, not buying it. "You know this is exactly why you're getting kicked out of the house. This is the exact reason why, I can't even stand to be in the same room as you anymore!" She rose her voice. "You lie to me, as if.. As if I was as transparent as the fucking window."

"I would've been making millions right now, I would have been travelling the rest of the world with my three best friends! Now, I'm here."

Her eyes softened at my words, but then she looked away quickly.

"Yeah, and this was all you were ever going to get. Me. Wow, because seventeen years ago I actually meant something to you! And you, Luke you meant everything to me. You chose this life, and now you live it. If you aren't happy, then this is why you leave."

"We're going." Bryan cut the argument off, glaring at me disapprovingly.

"You know I love you two. I--"

"Bye mom." Sarah simply said, walking right past me as she kisses her mum on the cheek.

I groaned. "Gwen, listen okay."

"We're settling all the divorce papers next Friday, so be there. And be out of the house by tomorrow." She spoke flatly, not looking at me. Her voice was shaky, telling me that she was on the verge of the waterworks.

"I thought you needed my help with paying the bills?"

"You aren't making millions anymore, right?" She snarled, pushing right past me.