Chapter 9

A few days had passed and Blossom was released from the hospital.

Of course, Byakuya staying over to 'keep an eye' on her. Along with Rukia.

I walked into my sister's room and saw Byakuya drawing on her leg cast.

"Hey, I'm going to school early." I told her.

The two of them looked at me.

"Mirrow, if you're going to Urahara's shop... You don't have to lie to me." Blossom said.

I rolled my eyes. "You mean like how you've been lying to me?"

She looked down and I left.

As I headed for the stairs, I spotted Rukia with her arms crossed blocking the path. 

"What?" I asked.

"That wasn't very nice of you. Do you know how much pain your sister endured protecting you?" Rukia asked.

I crossed my arms. "Sometimes, being protected isn't as horrible as being lied to most of your life."

I moved Rukia out of the way and left the house.

I know who I can probably get some answers from, IF he decides to actually answer them.

"Oh! Mirrow, my sweet-" I cut Urahara off.

"You need to tell me the truth." I said.

Urahara used his fan to cover half his face. "Tell you what truth? You already got most of your answers at the hospital. Your sister's a Soul Reaper. Your grandmother was one too."

"Then what does that make me?" I asked.

"A human. A human who can see Hollows." Urahara said in a serious tone. "Listen, your grandmother worked her whole life protecting you and your family. Your mother chose to not take on the Soul Reaper duty. So, you're grandmother lived her whole life until the end. Blossom wanted to protect you, that's why she took on that duty."

I looked away and clenched my fists. "It wasn't right... What couldn't I understand? That she had to keep it a secret from me..."

I felt myself starting to cry.

Urahara placed his hands on my shoulders and I looked at him. "She just doesn't want you being a part of it. She cares about you very much." With those words, he hugged me tightly.

I finally let out my tears.

He gently rubbed my back as I cried. It felt like it went on forever...

I looked at Urahara and he looked at me.

What I did next shocked me.

My head moved on it's own. I felt my lips press against his.

Urahara froze in place, his eyes wide in shock. But, he slowly closed his eyes and so did I.

The two of us kissed, for about five minutes, before we someone showed up.

"Hey!" Someone yelled.

Urahara and I quickly moved away from each other. 

"H-Hey, Ichigo. What's the surprise visit for?" Urahara asked.

Ichigo saw the two of us.

I waved. "Yo."

"I was looking for Mirrow. Blossom told me you were going to Urahara's shop. So, I came here to get you." Ichigo said.

Urahara went behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Yes, I'm sorry, Mirrow. But, Ichigo should take you to school today." He said, as he quickly pushed me towards Ichigo.

Ichigo caught me and I turned to look at Urahara.

He had his fan covering his face again, as he waved goodbye.

Ichigo and I made our way to school and all I can think of was what happened between me and Urahara.

"Mirrow, did you hear a word I said?" Ichigo suddenly asked.

I quickly shook my head. "Huh? What?" I asked.

"I said, Rukia decided to go ahead to school. So we'll just meet her there." He repeated.

"Oh... Alright." I said.

He looked at me, as if studying me. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"N-No. I was just thinking." I spoke softly.

He let out a soft sigh. "Listen, I know what your sister did was wrong. But, you don't have to be so mad at her for it."

I looked at him and sighed. "I know... She was only doing what she thought was right..."

Ichigo placed his hand on my head. "Just be happy she's not a villain or anything. That would be a really big plot twist if she was."

"What...? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just being Ichigo." He smiled.

I smiled back at him.

"Hey!" Rukia waved.

She was standing in front of the school gate.

We ran towards her and she crossed her arms. "What took you both so long?" 

"I just let out some steam." I lied.

Rukia moved her face closer to mine. 

"Eh... Hey..." I looked at her.

"Have you been crying?" Rukia asked.

Ichigo looked at me closely too. "Huh? Yeah, I just noticed that. Your eyes are a bit pink. Could be pink eye..."

I socked Ichigo on the back of his head. "Shut up!"

"At least, she's back to normal." Ichigo rubbed the back of his head.

The three of us laughed, until it happened.

We all heard an explosion from a far.

Followed by another, and another.

The explosion was headed our way.

My eyes widened, as a giant hollow was ramming through the houses and another hollow throwing bombs on top of it.

"Huh? Big brother!" Rukia yelled.

We all spotted Byakuya keeping up with the hollow and on the other side was...

"Blossom!" I yelled.

She looked like she was in pain trying to keep up with the hollow.

I watched as her ribbons extended and wrapped the hollow throwing the bomb.

She stopped, and the hollow throwing the bomb got pulled back, while the giant one was running.

Rukia and Ichigo took out their swords and slashed the hollow in half, as it headed our way.

I ran to Blossom and Byakuya.

"Why do you keep attacking me?" Blossom asked the hollow.

The hollow screeched at her.

"Blossom, that Hollow can't speak." Byakuya said.

Ichigo and Rukia ran to them too.

I stopped as I saw the anger and pained look on Blossom's face.

She pulled on her ribbon and the hollow screeched in pain. "I asked you a question!" She cried.

"Blossom..." Rukia said.

I watched as she tugged on it once more, and the ribbon sliced the hollow in half. 

As she almost fell on her knees, Byakuya caught her. 

She asked the hollow why they always kept attacking her... Meaning, the hollows have been targeting her and only her for a while now...