Chapter Five

Photo of Max ^

Lily's POV:

It had been five weeks, and John and I were becoming better friends. We still hung out with Stephen, but my crush on him had kind of worn off, if had even ever existed. He spent a bit more time with another girl in our class, Holly. 

I'd gotten my Full Licence, finally two weeks ago.

It was Saturday morning, and Abbie IM-ed me. I checked my laptop.

AbsKebab: Hey, can I ring you? Want to catch up, today?

LilyJoy: Hey, yeah you can. Sure, sounds like fun. Let's talk over the phone.

As I sent the message, the phone rang, and I answered it quickly. That was the joy of having my own phone in my room.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, Lily," Abbie said. "So, I have something to tell you."

I giggled. "Okay, what is it? Were you kidding about the whole 'catch up' thing?"

Abbie laughed, almost nervously. "No, we should catch up. This is something else."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm late," Abbie said.

"What? Do you think you're–" I couldn't say it.

"Pregnant?" Abbie asked. "Yeah, I do."

"But, I thought you got a shot or pill or something, at the hospital," I said.

"Yeah, they gave me a pill, but I threw it up when I got home," Abbie sighed.

"Well, you get irregular periods; maybe that is what's wrong," I said.

"No, my periods are never two weeks late," Abbie said. "This is something."

"Well, are you sure? Have you got the symptoms? Have you taken a test?" I questioned.

It went quiet for a moment, and I realized Abbie was holding her breath. "I've been really nauseas, and my boobs are tender. I used my trusty friend Google, and all my symptoms match that of pregnancy. I haven't taken a test, yet."

"Well, maybe we should get one," I said. "Have you told your mum, yet?"

"No," Abbie sighed.

"Okay, well, I'll come and pick you up, and we'll go get the test together," I said. "Give me ten minutes."

After I hung up, my shower was literally two minutes long, and I just pulled a knee-length blue skirt on, with a white tank, and my white jandals. I grabbed my bag, and went downstairs, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. I locked the front door behind be – Mum and Dad were still asleep – and hurried over to my car. It had been a gift from Mum and Dad. The deal had been, if I passed the first time, they would buy me a car. And, sure enough, I passed. And the next day, a brand new Suzuki Swift was sitting in the driveway, with a giant red bow on it, and a poster in the windscreen, exclaiming: 'YOU PASSED, LILY. CONGRATULATIONS! LOVE MUM AND DAD'.

I started the car, and then drove to Abbie's house. She was wearing a knee-length dress, in light pink, with beige ballet-flats. Her curly hair was pulled into a ponytail, with bits hanging down the side of her face.

"Okay, let's go," I said.

She got into the car, and we drove off, to the pharmacy. We chose a test, and paid for it, before Abbie hurried into the bathroom.