Chapter One

Photo of Lily ^

Lily's POV:

It was another ordinary Monday, or at least so I thought. My best friend, Abbie, rushed up to me, as I climbed out of the car. Mum said good-bye, and drove off. I waved, and then turned back to my best friend. Her face was wreathed in smiles, and her eyes sparkled as though they were made of diamonds.

"Lily! Oh. My. Gosh! Lily!" she exclaimed. "Where have you been? You took forever!"

I frowned. "I usually get here at this time, Abbie," I pointed out. "What's going on?"

Abbie looked like she was going to burst out of her skin. "You have to come and see for yourself. We have two new people at school. And guess what?"

"I'm sure I'll never guess, Abbie," I sighed. "Why don't you just tell me, so I can get inside."

"Okay," Abbie took a deep breath. "There are two new hot guys!"

"Wow," I said, in mock surprise. "Not just one, but two! They're probably not even in our class, Abbie."

Abbie frowned. "Why do you always have to burst my bubble? Show some excitement."

I clapped my hands, and did a little dance like a crazy person. "There, is that enough excitement for you?"

"Why are you like this?" Abbie asked, her hands on her hips. "You used to be like...well...like me, when guys came to school."

"Well, I'm sure you remember my latest attempts at romance, Abbie," I reminded her.

Abbie rolled her eyes.

"It didn't go so well," I said. "So, I'll be steering clear of guys, especially hot ones, for the rest of my life. Okay?"

Abbie tsked, and spun on her heel, her ponytail hitting me in the face.

"Ow," I said, quietly, rubbing my face where it stung.

I adjusted my schoolbag, slung over my shoulder, and followed my best friend.

~

The new hot boys, whom Abbie had informed me about, were actually quite good looking, and I couldn't help but cast a secretive, approving glance at them. They were standing by the door, when Abbie and I took our seats. Abbie sat to my left, and there were empty desks on either side of us.

Well, I must say, my heart nearly skipped a beat, when the open desk, to my right, was occupied by one of the new guys, and Abbie actually let out a little squeal when the other guy sat beside her. How cliché. Why did they have to pick us?

Mrs. Chamberlain stood behind her desk, looking at some papers, as everyone sat down, talking all at once.

"Hey," the boy next to me, smiled.

He extended his hand, and I shook it. "Hey."

Abbie giggled weirdly, beside me; no doubt the other guy was giving her attention.

"I'm John," the guy smiled. "And you?"

"Nice to meet you, John," I nodded. "I'm Lily."

"Lily. Nice name," John smiled. "I hope we can be friends."

I smiled, and looked down at my notebook, full of sketches.

"Wow, you draw?" John asked, looking over my arm. "That's amazing."

I wasn't quite sure what he was so impressed about. It was just what I called a simple sketch of my celebrity crush, Alex Pettyfer. In my opinion, it needed some work, but I took the compliment, anyway.