Part 5

I wake up to arguing.

"Liam look at his face the poor kid is hurt you need to get him checked out" Sophia whisper yells at Liam.

"Soph, I understand you're upset and worried and yes Louis is hurt, but he will be okay" Liam says back calmly.

"Well I want them to check him out and make sure" Sophia says heatedly.

"And what am I supposed to say to the doctor Soph, oh he fell down the stairs again? It only works so many times before they report it and start investigating and then Louis gets taken away from me" Liam retaliates.

"Liam I understand you don't want him taken away but this is serious,it's getting worse. Maybe it's for the best that they get involved" Sophia says quietly.

"How can you say that Sophia, Louis is my brother he needs me, not to be passed from one foster family to the next. I can look after him" Liam practically yells.

"That is so selfish Liam, think about this from Louis point of view, he is the one getting beaten and abused. You won't tell the authorities about this because you are worried he will be taken from YOU. What about what's best for Louis? A home where he isn't abused sounds a lot better than him going through this even if it is away from you, it's not like you wouldn't see him Liam" Sophia yells back.

I can't take their fighting anymore, Sophia has a point and if I was taken away Liam would get his life back. I want to live with Liam though, The thought of living with strangers and leaving school and everyone I know and football, scares the shit out of me.

"Please stop fighting guys please" I whisper out as I blink awake.

"Sorry Lou, we're sorry. We didn't mean to wake you bud" Liam says.

"It's fine I have school anyway" I say as I try to sit up slowly, my body aching.

"Louis, you need to stay home today sweetheart you're hurt" Sophia says.

She comes over to the bed and sits down next to me.

"I'm fine Soph, I've had worse, I need to go to footy this afternoon" I tell her.

"Louis, maybe you should stay home and rest and then just go to footy this afternoon" Liam says.

"No I'm not staying here all day, what If dad wakes up and finds me home? No way" I say nervously.

They both nod there heads in agreement. I look down at my lap and start playing with my fingers, I need to tell Liam that dad took my money, I'm worried what he is going to say. I'm worried he will be mad at me. I look towards him and Sophia.

"Um dad, took my money yesterday Li, I didn't get to the grocery shop. I'm sorry" I say looking down.

"Hey, bud please don't be upset, none of this is your fault Louis. I'm not upset at you okay, I'm not mad t all" Liam tells me sincerely.

Tears then spring to my eyes and I try to wipe them away quickly with no luck, they just keep coming. Liam comes over and sits next to me and pulls me into a hug, Sophia rubbing my back.

"Li, please don't send me away. I don't want to go without you, I'm scared please" I croak out against his chest.

"I promise Louis, we will work this out together. I promise" Liam reassures me.

"We just want you safe Louis" Sophia tells me.

"I know but I'll have to move house and school and all my friends and I could get placed with someone worse than dad, and I may not ever see Liam again and I can't do that" I rush out.