11✯

Edge of Dreams

I'm building a tower out of building blocks whilst my mother and father watch tv with my sister asleep in his arms.

"I think it might be our only choice," my mother says.

"No, we can't do that to her. We have no idea what will happen to her," my father answers.

"We have to help her."

I add a pink block to my tower.

"We are helping her, by keeping them from finding her."

I put a blue block on top and rummage to find another blue.

"They already have found her."

My tower collapses.

✭✭✭

I was so used to having a full nights sleep, that it was painful getting up the next morning. I went through my day slowly. My hands were still wrapped and I felt like an idiot wearing them. Though nobody paid attention to them since accidents were common here, I still wasn't happy.

In fact, I put the blame entirely on Link. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have gotten into this mess and hurt myself. I wouldn't have had to see Ms Hawk again, which was traumatising enough already, and learn her real name. So when I am sitting in the Reflection Section on one of the sofas with Stephanie, I don't hesitate to casually interrogate her.

"Do you know Link?"

"Uh yeah. I know of him, why?"

"Just that I barely see him around," I try to come off as casual as I can. After yesterday's mishap of trying to stalk him and failing, I still wanted to confront him, only within the rules.

"He doesn't need to go to classes. To be honest he's way too smart for them. He works with other people and does a load of other smart stuff with them. Why are you concerning yourself with him?" Stephanie gives me a speculative look. "Do you like him?!" She practically squeals.

"No no no no no no no, I was just wondering, that's all." I pause to study Stephanie, "Do YOU like him?"

"He's cute, sweet and smart what's not to like? Sure. Then again, I pretty much like any guy that's attractive."

"Oh. Okay then. On the topic of guys though, have you ever like noticed..." I feel awkward whilst saying it, not wanting to come across arrogant. "that like Blaze... seems to make quite a few flirtatious comments to me?" I examine the grey floor and wait for the laughter, but it doesn't come.

"I wouldn't get any ideas," Stephanie remarks, rather seriously.

I snap my head up to her. "Wait what? It's not that I- I mean he's hot and all- But I'm not- He's not- What?"

"He's so narcissistic that he flirts with everyone thinking they all love him. But he has a girlfriend," Stephanie says pulling out her ponytail before retying it.

"Sara?"

She snorts. "HA. She wishes. No she's older and in the level above us. She's Ember's sister, and twice as psychotic as her. She has a lot more control though, which I'm not sure if it makes her more dangerous..."

"Ember has a sister?" I question curiously. I suppose it makes sense now why she asked about Lucy, sort of, not really.

"Her names Autumn. And if she found out that you thought Blaze liked you, she would probably kill you," Stephanie says it so casually that I almost believe her.