Chapter 10

“This is it?” Josh looked up at Joseph, who studied the surroundings of the rundown warehouse. Josh put his hands on the metal gate which bordered the graffitied building before pulling himself up a little. Joseph grabbed his hood and pulled him back down.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” He snapped.

“To get them out what does it look like” Was Josh’s reply.

“Want to get yourself killed?” Joseph asked.

“I don’t want them to get killed” He rebelled. “If you don’t go in there with me, I’m going alone”

It took a lot of thought, but seeing Josh’s determination, Joseph was in.

---

“I’ll be back for you later, sweetheart” Carlos hissed in Annie’s ear, her eyes still scrunched closed with fear. It wasn’t until he’d left the door, slamming it shut behind him before she opened her terror filled eyes only to see a limp, lifeless Mrs. Hutcherson in front of her. Biting down on the material tied around her mouth, Annie immediately looked at Mr. Hutcherson whose eyes began to tear like Annie. Guilt began building up in her stomach as she bite harder on the material to stop the tears from falling. Why did he have to choose her instead of me? She thought to herself.

“Don’t blame yourself Annie. Josh is coming trust me. He’ll get us out of here and you’ll be home soon. Just remember that, okay?” Mr. Hutcherson reassured her quietly. He was pushy, now she knew where Josh got it from. Annie couldn’t exactly reply to his kind words so nodded ‘yes’ instead.

Who would care if I didn’t get home anyway? Jake hadn’t called like he’d said which meant he wouldn’t care. Mother’s too caught up in her own perfect world to as well. Josh would get over it, after this he’d become a local hero, heck a hero in itself to even think of some girl.  Once more she shook the sharp words from her head. She was going crazy with all the harsh thoughts of never returning back home. Her eyes started dropping, no matter how many times she blinked to keep herself awake it was no use.

Her whole body was shaken awake with her name being called every few seconds in a quiet whisper.

“Annie! Annie! Wake up please we’ve gotta go. Now.” They called repeatedly. It was no use her eyes grew heavy once more and refused to open. Carlos must have slipped her something without Annie noticing.  She felt her body being thrown over somebody’s shoulder as they began to run.

The sunlight began to burn her eyes when she realized she was out of the rundown warehouse. Getting the energy, Annie slowly opened her eyes, getting use to the blinding sun. She was still in her dress from the party with the heels sitting perfectly on her small feet. They stopped in their tracks before Annie tried to move.

“Where are we?” She whispered. Quickly they put her on two feet where Annie saw it was Josh. Both their eyes lit up as Annie hugged onto him tight.

“Im never letting you go again” He whispered before kissing her soft lips. “Im so sorry I’m putting you through this”

“You came for me, Josh.” She cried into his shoulder.

“I’d told you I would” He beamed.

“Where’s your father? And Joseph?” She looked around unable to see the other.

“They’re coming but we’ve got to get out of here now” He looked up at the 7ft metal fence surrounding the shabby, neglected deport. He remembered her fear of heights from the diner. “Don’t worry. We’ll find another way out” He comforted her.

“No I can do it” She kicked both heels off, placed both shaky hands on the cool metal before hosting herself up. He waited until she was half way up the fence before he started climbing too. Once at the top, Josh climbed over, noticing Annie wasn’t moving.

“It’s really high, Josh” She whispered, staring at the drop below.

“Come on Ann, just think of all the great times we’ll have when this blows over. The dates, the hugs and kisses, the memories we’ll create and look back on and smile. We won’t even remember the bad times like these.” After hearing those words, she placed first her left then right leg over the metal gate and started climbing down. As they got to the bottom, they were soon surrounded by police and ambulance workers. Half of them started hurrying into the warehouse armed with weaponry.

“Excuse me Miss we’re going to have to ask you a few questions” A young woman, aged 26 told Annie before pulling her away.

“Wait…Josh, I don’t want to leave him” She was going into shock, not wanting to be alone with stranger people again.

“He’s got to go help get them back out alive, Annie” The police woman informed her.

“You’re sending him back in there!” She screamed. Annie looked over at Josh before he went into the badly maintained building with the other men.

“He’s the only one who knows where he’s going” She added.

“There brutal in there. What if they kill them in there?” Annie panicked. Josh turned back to see her watching him enter the blood bath again. He gave her a fake reassuring smile before mouthing ‘I’ll be okay, I love you’. 

Wow its been ages since i updated. Im disappointed in myself so i hope it was worth the 2 month wait. I wont be long updating next time! Please tell me what you thought of it i love feedback(: Hope your having an amazing summer and enjoy! xx