Chapter 14

Many hours were spent thinking of a way to track Annie without using Millie but it was no use. He’d have to call her. So that’s what he did. His fingers were shaking as he dialed her number into his phone and his strong jaw was locked with anger. He hated her and this ‘plan’ but it was the only way to get Annie. His eyes filled up when he thought about her. She was so alone and God only knows what they were doing with her. He promised to protect her and this was breaking that promise. If only he knew where she was. If only she hadn’t got the wrong idea that night and left.

Millie was quick to answer the phone when Josh’s number light up across the screen.

“Joshy!” She gleamed.

“Hey” He tried not to sound like he wanted to kill her but wanted to date her instead. “I can’t stop thinking about you” He lied through his teeth. “When can I see you again?”

“Tonight I’m free” He could practically hear her grinning through the phone.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at 8.”

Annie sat in the same room, staring at the same four walls, on the same uncomfortable floor with the same thoughts running through her mind. ‘Why do they even want me? MY parents don’t have this stupid information! My parents aren’t spies! I’m not a Hutcherson nor will I ever be because Josh prefer her now not me.’ With that the heavy door swung open and Annie’s head turned to see her.

“So Josh is taking me out tonight. Sweet eh? When we get back together you can leave. You serve no purpose to me, just a way to get him closer to me again and then my parents can get what they want too and everyone’s happy” She grinned and before Annie could say anything, Millie had left again.  ‘Josh asked her out? I guess it didn’t take him long to get over me. A formal break up would have been better than him just jumping in with the next girl he sees but I guess I didn’t know him as well as I thought.’ Her eyes soon watered with salty tears but she used her sleeve to wipe them away quickly.

Eight o clock soon rolled around and Josh got ready. Joseph helped him wire up underneath his checked shirt which was wore nice with a pair of skinny jeans.  He wires allowed Joseph to hear what ever Josh could in case she let any hint to Annie’s whereabouts. With that he went to pick up his ex-girlfriend to take her on a fake date at a look cut restaurant in the nearby town. They talked like nothing was wrong and Josh tried to look less tense than he had been the upcoming hours before. The topic soon changed onto Annie after they had finished their meals.

“I can’t date you until I finish Annie but I can’t seem to contact her” Josh spoke and Millie smirked.

“Oh. I know where she is. You can finish her tonight and I can formally thank you for the dinner.” She bit her lip stained with red lip gloss. He plastered a fake grin onto his face and stood up and led her to his car. A little easier than he thought. He glanced over at a black car than Joseph and the other back up team waited in and gave them the signal to follow discreetly.

It took at least thirty minutes to drive to the warehouse she was being kept and he swallowed hard not to lose his cool. He wanted to run in and be the hero again and save her but he couldn’t. He knew this was the only way he could save her and that was to break her heart. They walked slowly to the small room in which she stayed and Millie swung open the door. She looked so small, curled up in the corner, her knees up against her chest and arms around her legs. When she finally looked up her eyes widened.

“Josh” She gasped. He missed her voice. The way her eyes lit up when she saw him. Her cute little smile. Her appearance was kind of rough with her hair messy and skin slightly dirty from lack of showers in her stay but he still thought she looked breath taking. Which made this ten times harder.

“Annie.” He looked at his feet. “I’m breaking up with you.” She could feel her heart starting to break into a million tiny pieces. Despite her thoughts, she didn’t think he would actually do it to get back with Millie. “I never loved you” The words were enough to make her cry. Hard. Millie laughed and wrapped her arm around Josh’s toned torso.

“She’s pathetic” She chuckled as she pulled Josh away allowing Annie to walk free. He failed to look at her, knowing he was the one who put her though everything that has happened and then just said the biggest lie he’d ever told. As much as he hated Millie, he hated himself more right now.

Wow! I actually updated! Oh my god! Im so sorry im such a shit updater and i take months to do so i just got really stuck and i hated the last chapter so i put off writing again. But i hope you enjoyed it and i hopefully wont be as long updating! Although i did have my exams for months this year so i could exactly update then either. But anyway again i hope you liked it and please tell me what you thought:) Much love x